BSNL is dangerous!

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,161

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
ISP
Tata Play 1 gbps, Microscan 500 mbps and PDPL 300 mbps.
Yesterday I downloaded about 800 mb off bit-torrent... today I checked the service records online and it shows 1.2 gb done! (ya, i know BT uploads stuff too, so this can be dangerous to you, cost-wise)Today, I'll try downloading some chunk of data via FTP or HTTP (no upload sharing) , then compare what BSNL reports I've downloaded... BASTARDS!

Does Bsnl charge for uploads also cos mtnl doesn't? Anyway bittorrent is a P2P client so it will definately upload also,so you should be carefull if on data packs.

Originally posted by sachin214@Aug 7 2005, 03:55 PM
Does Bsnl charge for uploads also cos mtnl doesn't? Anyway bittorrent is a P2P client so it will definately upload also,so you should be carefull if on data packs.
[snapback]20253[/snapback]
[/quote]
yes bsnl charges both UP AND DOWN
so be careful
nowdays i dont what is BIT TORRENT and all stuffz 😛 ....coz i have stoppped the downloading ..i m just surfing :lol:

I have stopped downlaoding since july.Now i am waiting for them to announce some new plans. Atleast a NU plan will do

wonder if u'll get the speed... :huh:

My SIFY NU @ 256kbps is absolutely fantastic. I earlier has SIFY but threw it off. But now SIFY really connects well. The speed is very well the same v used to get in DATAONE 256. I get more than 32 KBps avg sometimes. Mite b, i wud be the only soul not sleeping in my whole area even after 2AM 😛 And reg tat torrent , both DL and UL is considered as the data usage and the BSNL page very much shows the sum of these 2 but v can see those split ups by using some s/w .

hey! stay on topic! this is a "bsnl is dangerous" discussion... not "my sify nu is fantastic" 😎no time to do it now.. but i'm thinking about trying 2 things....download only one file via FTP or HTTP (say some 100 mb mp3 off a free site like djriver.com) and then compare it with what bsnl shows online...then another test.... only start my modem (PC remains off) at say 9am and shut the modem off at 10am... (i set up the modem to auto dial and connect to bsnl dataone - that PPPoE stuff) then chekc the bsnl page the next day to see what data transfer it reports for 9am to 10am hehe