Bsnl is bombarding with promotional SMS and calls, please help.

• Thread starter Thread starter ozone007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,072
ISP
Alliance Broadband , Wishnet
I ported my old no from Idea to bsnl in January 2019 because there was min 35 INR/month recharge criteria . For BSNL it was 36 for 6 months. After 15 days or so bsnl is bombarding with promotional SMS and calls. I tried to register for DND It's not even registering. tried at least 12 times by calling customer care and by sms. Basically customer care is bunch of talking parrots and rude. Every time I was told DND will be activated after 7 days . After 7 days when I called they didn't want to listen anything and asked if I wanted to activate dnd again or not. Talked to senior guy a bunch of time but still not solved. Sent emails and written requests to senior officers and customer grievance redressal they didn't respond. On the top of that they are closing dockets without any solution .

I use a feature phone .My monthly expenditure is below 20 INR. I am out of ideas .

Last edited:
feature phone is tough. unless there is an internal feature for blocking calls and texts from specific numbers.

Status​
:
Not Registered

De-Activation Date​
:14-01-2019 02:30

Service Provider​
: Idea

feature phone is tough. unless there is an internal feature for blocking calls and texts from specific numbers.
My phone is Samsung guru which doesn't have sms blocking feature but it can blacklist numbers , but I am getting promotional calls from different agencies from different numbers.

problem is whenever I am registering for DND customer care is refusing to give me UCC. without it I can't file a complain to anywhere. I am not receiving UCC when I tried sms method.

Last edited:
yeah. no other option but to keep blocking the number as they come. smartphone users have a bit of an advantage here as they can use databases from truecaller to automatically block these numbers. i for example now block calls from spam database maintained by google. but in the end, it is practically impossible to have a complete block on all promotional calls. you can try reporting them all (after you have managed to get into dnd first) but it's like dealing with spam on email.

Same issue, after ported from Airtel to BSNL a few years ago. I had to stop using and sharing that number with family and friends, altogether.

My worst mistake, ever. It happens only on ported number. I have another two (fancy) BSNL numbers that are registered with DND correctly, with zero marketing calls or SMS.

I have a separate Airtel sim too. So, I don't want to port it back to Airtel.

Fortunately, I have a spare Android phone to take care of most spam calls and SMSes.

I think I should update this thread as it could help others.
After numerous complain to bsnl customer care the problem didn't solve.

The next phase was to appeal Appellate Authority of respective region. After one month or so I haven't heard from then with numerous emails.
Then I had to contact bsnl Telephone Adalat cum Open House Session.
They sent me a message when and where this will be held. but wasn't able to attended any of them due to incorrect timing. After 2 or 3 session notification I got a sms confirming that my issue was forwarded to respective authority. Within 7 days I got an email from main exchange and checked my DND status finally as activated.
It took atleast 6 months of hassle to finally solve this.