• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 11,146
Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphin7

ISP
Bsnl
I have subscribed for the bsnl iptv in chennai. I would like to know what are the disadvantages and advantages of BSNL IPTV..It would be really useful if any onw who are using this could comment about it.

Hi there..! Finally im glad to find another bsnl iptv subscriber in chennai... :thumbsup:First things first.. im not here to give my feedback/comments about how 'good/bad' the service is! cuz.. i have not been able to get the service at all in the first place... :huh:i would like to ask you this: which area in chennai do you reside and when did you give the cheque (the deposit payment)?I reside in annanagar(a great place with the latest of infrastructure for such interactive services!!!!) well.., atleast thats what i thought! :wall:man.., im frustrated to the fullest extent while typing this!!!Seems BSNL has implemented this iptv thing without even verifying if the sufficient infra is available! If you get the service installed successfully in your area..., kuddos to you!I booked the service on May 16th 2009 and was promised the installation within max. "1 week"Remember they would have told you something about "feasiblity check/SNR ratio test"? Thats where all the trouble is...... 😡Believe me.., its been almost 3 weeks and its only 'me' who is making all the voluntary phone calls/e-mails/correspondences between 'myway' and 'BSNL'..... so far, its been 3 e-mails, 50+ phone calls but not a solution! I am stuck between the splitting responsibility of 'myway' and 'BSNL' cuz of the tie-up!Here's how it goes: (hope it serves as a guide to those BSNL iptv aspirants out there! atleast in chennai/annanagar)Step 1: I contacted myway (gurgaon call center) after 5 days of giving the cheque asking them why the silence instead of the installation.. they said "sir, we will check and get back to you" ... this was continuing for the next few days...Step 2: Then i got hold of one person in chennai (was from the sales team and not the technical) that i used to call almost everyday who would answer with statements like "sir,im on the way to office.. will call you.., sir,i just returned from out of station.." and all that.. my second point of contact also turned out to be useless...Step 3: Contact the myway call center at gurgaon by the end of the first week to know the status... the response: "sir, we are co-ordinating with BSNL regarding your problem and will get back to you once they get back to us!" When asked for a time frame, i was denied a positive response...Step 4: The next step? Beg at BSNL! Although i should appreciate the prompt and timely responses that were given..,(after lot of pressures).. some of them were not even aware of what the problem was! Lot of so called "line tests" were done.. and they could not figure it out...Step 5: Switch over to myway again: When asked for the exact technical problem.., they said the SNR ratio in my line was low!! aaahhaagh! problem figured 😗 "by my own efforts" and NOW its me who would be communicating the nature of problem to BSNL....Step 6: Contacted BSNL again to state the problem was with the SNR ratio.. who then said .., "oh, is it so sir?!!" wow! After 2 weeks of "co-ordination" by myway with BSNL, only now from my words have they come to know the problem or wat?... i mean.., thats how it sounded! 😛Step 7: Requested BSNL ("on behalf the myway") to have the SNR ratio rectified...😡This was followed up with several reminders and complaints and further correspondences with myway...... which would make my description a boring one to read!! Finally, after half a month.., yesterday i got the entire cable changed for my telephone line and just when i was about to have a relief...... 😡😡 the SNR ratio was still the same low value.......... 🙁🙁🙁When i decided to contact BSNL finally today , one-last-time before getting the subscription cancelled (myway is helpless for sure at this stage since the minimum requirements for their service is not being met by BSNL's infra), the BSNL authorities were left with no clues on how to proceed further..... so am i. !My statistics are as follows: Downstream Upstream SNR Margin (dB): 7.3 22.4 Attenuation (dB): 39.0 15.1 1. I wonder how many of you have good SNR ratio here in my locality?2. I wonder how many of you in chennai have subscribed the service 'successfully'?Please do post here which would help many others like me out there!

They got the cheque alone..They said that they would finish it by 1 week.. But so far there is no signs of it getting installedd....

Okay.. finally.......... after a couple of more co-ordinations and calls between the two service providers..., i have got the iptv installed today evening after the SNR was boosted up...... thanks to the tech. team of myway...
The a/v quality is a pleasure to view as already reviewed by others but there are some hick-ups such as dis-connections very rarely due to the broadband getting disconnected... and as of now the video is getting stuck every 5 seconds of the relay for a brief duration of few microseconds ... not sure why.. they said some updations would be done tomorrow... lets wait and see....

n ... i dont think a review of the iptv with screenshots would be required since i see that another memeber has already posted them....

----------

One more thing to add up about the engineers who came for the installation.... (the initial configurations were done by the experts who had quite a good knowledge about the system)
But the person who came to give the final connections or testing/demo did not know how to go to the router configuration page nor did he know how to connect the ethernet cables... i came to know that it was just his second day of service at the company.. but still i felt all these were pre-requisites for a field engineer...

last but definitely! not the least of the information that i could provide is that.., i came to know a criteria for successful installation for the iptv (although contradictions might work.. am not sure) is that your home needs to be within 2.5 - say max. of 3kms from the telephone exchange... i feel this information should clearly be advised to the customers at the marketing stage or atleast at the call centres.....

@ dolphin or anyother BSNL iptv subscriber:- How much did you pay for the connection?- Were you given an universal remote?- Do you see any of the functionality symptoms such as disconnections or the telephone link being dead now and then?

I initially paid 1500.. He said i have to pay another 500 after 3 months...From what i heard from him..He does not know about time shift,..Is time shift available in my way,.. Else when will it be available..He said it will be available within 7 days.. So far,No reply from him..

Status
Not open for further replies.