• Thread starter HydDesi
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 2
  • Views: Views 2,683
H

HydDesi

ISP
BSNL
I have observed that my IP address 59.93.xxx.xxx is changing very often. I have noticed that in a 12 hour window the IPaddress changed as many as 17 times. I have a plain 4 port Ethernet switch connected to the switch with a DMZ configured on the router. For my application to run properly on this DMZ the IP address cannot change this often. Once every 6 hours is OK.What I see is that the some time ip address changes 3 to 4 times in a minute.Any suggestions on how I can hold on to an IP address for longer period?I notice that BSNL is NOT honoring the 23hours:59mintutes setting on the UT300 - UTstarcom Modem and Router.Thank you.

S

shreeyashattal

Regular
ISP
BSNL Home UL Plan
dude....BSNL does not provide static IP address yet, what we get is Dynamic IP address..so it will change, cant help it, also i doubt it changing every hour unless u switch the modem onff ad on again...not really sure though..

E

essbebe

ISP
BSNL
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
If your location is USA ( Not Ulhasnagar Sindhi Assn!!!), again a warm welcome.
1 Please see this link and try the program.
https://broadbandforum.co/bsnl-dataone-broadband/17627-adsl-link-drops-every-2-mins-between-2-8am/

2.As mentioned we get Dynamic address. If you were in India , I could have asked you to check the phone connection !.
3. DMZ business. not clear. Normally we do not select this operation.
Please post a screen shot of your modem setting
DSl status and dmz page.