BSNL has worst possible Routing.

• Thread starter Thread starter rohit267
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 5,462
Found out TATA does not peer to any other internet exchanges other Mumbai and BSNL uses TATA in India so makes sense.

that's not how it works, For ex. There's a cloudflare COLO in my city, (NAG) but airtel connection still connects to BOM because they don't peer locally (because the NAG colo is inside Jio's network and only serves traffic coming from Jio) so connecting to a colo that is far doesn't mean that it's a bad thing.

@rohit267
i had downtime issues in BSNL , so finally left their services in Nov 2022 but till now iam getting bills
I tweeted them and got a call from a lady and she said that she will forward this to the respective team in the office .
1 week passed but still iam getting the bill

Now i will have to visit local exchange again and ask if they have disconnected it really or they are making it pending amount on my account . 🙁

BSNL sucks man !!

restart ur router untill u get airtel peer ( check ur ip with bgp.tools ) . stable 15 ping in chennai csgo server without packloss ( 500 kms away ) .if u want in other country server tata peer is good

@rohit267 Facing all issues that you mentioned, got bsnl fiber last month.
From 1st day:
Facing connection drops for minutes or two randomly.
Since last three weeks:
Inconsistent speeds throttling down to 1mbps, and packet loss up to 40 percent in csgo. Packet loss and speed issues go away in night hours.
Last three days:
Connection was down. LCO couldn't repair the fiber because he is just a middleman, Lco from another town came with repair tools after two days, and then connection was restored on the third day.

Bsnl employees don't respond to calls or texts, occasionally they respond when you keep ringing.
ONLINE complaints surprisingly got resolved in less than two hours in text msgs.

Worst part is bsnl the only isp in my town, so i had to bribe lco 1k extra other than installation charges.

Last edited:
@bnee what can I say bro. People started lecturing me that it's not how I think instead of accepting the facts. BSNL just does not wants itself to fixed or good. It has became a liability on us.

If they do not fix the problems, I will close the connection after this week.

@rohit267 Bsnl might be good in other regions. It highly depends on LCO and area JTO, due to lack of accountability in their service model. We don't see the same service in all regions.
go for Airtel if it's available.

Found out TATA does not peer to any other internet exchanges other Mumbai and BSNL uses TATA in India so makes sense.
Internet Exchanges do not allow announcing any other ISP's routes over your own.
Tata does not peer with any Indian IX in India because it does not need to, it already backhauls and transits for almost everyone else; similarly, Airtel also does not peer at any Indian IX.

Last edited: