BSNL has slashed rates of installation

• Thread starter Thread starter ways2gain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,040
W

ways2gain

BSNL has decided to reduce the charges for DataOne service as under with effect from June 9, 2005:For all the customers of DataOne taking modem on monthly rental basis from BSNL, theinstallation charges have been reduced to Rs. 250=00 with immediate effect. In case of customer purchasing modem on outright purchase basis from BSNL, theinstallation charges are waived off with immediate effect. The security deposit (non-refundable) of Rs. 500=00 while renting modem from BSNL ismade refundable for all customers of DataOne including existing customers.

Well, a good start and do hope they will also reduce the rental/revised the download & upload limit from 1st July.

One of our Forum Members it seems returned his modem just this week. Waiting for his re-action to this change.

View attachment 160
Originally posted by sanjitcx@Jun 9 2005, 08:12 PM
Well, a good start and do hope they will also reduce the rental/revised the download & upload limit from 1st July.
[snapback]11937[/snapback]
[/quote]

Watever be the action. We online gamers gonna quit BSNL for ever. Holy crap look at this latency report. It gives me the nightmares. Not one will disagree with me after seeing the latency report. By now ive sent as much as 8 such latency reports to them and no reply nor has any action been taken. The latency keeps going high and high and so is my anger.

Soon we r gonna switch to Airtel, who r already showing signs of good customer service and promises that this latency wont cross 150ms

Yea shed off DataOne at once if u are a hardcore online gamer. Think no more. 😀

The guy who returned his modem (surrendered his connection?)... tell us when and how long it takes to get your money back! hehe

I think next or next to next billing cycle..........unless ur god damn unlucky.

Yes if u purchase the modem then there is no refund but if its on rent then now u get full refund of installation cost of 500.

BSNL has rephrased the Header to read as Installation charges for DataOne broadband service reduced.. Seems there was objections raised by quite few other than me and so they did it so fast.

Quite natural, the header seemed to dupe us on reading the contents...😱

Watch out for more announcement from BSNL in regard to Dataone this month.