• Thread starter Thread starter Vaithy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 10,022

Vaithy

Regular
ISP
BSNL DATAONE
Move away 3 G!! EVDO .. You are a NUT!! now BSNL is knocking even its own products at competetive price ranges..

Wimax which was started much fanfire,about two years ago proved to be non started and fizzled out, because of its horrid rate.. ow it seemed some body smarter than the average babu's who are under 'R' s payroll is taking the reign of rate planning in the corporate office BSNL and did some amazing plan announcement..

one of the first announcement is wimax unlimited speed 512 kbps under Rs 750/ same as its landline home UL 750/

No.22-01/2010-T&C-CM Date: 17.09.2010
Circular T&C-CM No. 63/10-11

i) The Fixed Monthly Charges (FMC) for Unlimited Home Plan with speed limit of 512
Kbps has been revised from existing Rs.999 to Rs.750.
ii) Discounted annual option for the above unlimited plan will be Rs.7500 in place of
Rs.9990.
3. The above WiMAX tariff will be applicable with effect from 20.09.2010.

Read the full order file.
http://linxbot.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/170910_unlimited_wimax_tariff.pdf

How to you feel it ?
Note : some of the friends are discussing in another thread as it is 2 mbps which is not correct. Official speed is only upto 512 kbps. but if no other user are available the speed may go up to 2 mbps, so don;t be fooled by occasional speed!
with regards

vaithy

but in selected circles , not in punjab yet

Note : some of the friends are discussing in another thread as it is 2 mbps which is not correct. Official speed is only upto 512 kbps. but if no other user are available the speed may go up to 2 mbps, so don;t be fooled by occasional speed!

no my friend you are wrong. i am from kerala i am using it since 2 months. here the plan is 512kbps to 2mbps speed at 999rs. I am also getting 1.5 to 2mbps download speed since 2 months. only problem is it reconnects after 1 hour or 30min (take 4 sec to connect, only some times it break) but if you download free from hotfile or link-removed it will break and need to download once again. if you are premium user or downloading from a resumable link then no problem you can download the remaining part.

that is the worst thing , dear atul , r u used outdoor CPE , what is the distance of wimax tower from ur cpe

here in my town , cpe is installed beyond 10KM

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

when link is broken , heart too

Kerala circle is a test case for wimax so the 2 mbps is not official but 512 kbps is. Also wimax is not implemented every circle. Only when it implemented all India level, we know what speed is official..In my opinion it is better to announce 512 kbps speed but give them 2 mbps speed, instead of announcing 2 mbps and giving 512 kbps..with regards,vaithy

that is the worst thing , dear atul , r u used outdoor CPE , what is the distance of wimax tower from ur cpe

here in my town , cpe is installed beyond 10KM

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

when link is broken , heart too

i think it will be with in 5kms by air, through roadway it will be 10kms. i placed outdoor cpe, that better to get maximum signal.
they also tested indoor cpe but its not connecting well.

now i brought premium hotfile accounts and disconnection of net for 10sec not a problem.bcoz it has resume option.i am getting 1.7 - 2mbps download speedbut low upload speed. with in 250kbps