BSNL Giga FTTH Broadband Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Zexen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 12,870
Nagpur, Maharashtra.

Not in Nagpur, was previously using tata docomo, it was stable and constant 100 ping to Singapore but I am looking at newly released fiber connections to lower my ping and increase speed. Three LCO connections are available and one from BSNL, used in2cable(LCO) fiber connection but it had constant ping spikes every 10-15 seconds to 500ms and high downtime(probably other LCO cutting fiber of competition), now going to test BSNL fiber for 2 months and if it is stable then good if not then I'll try other LCO connections or maybe some new ISP will be out by then. I have high hopes for you broadband, it is not available in my area yet.

100 ms to SG is totally good. Make sure the BSNL Fiber you are talking about is actual FTTH and not V-Fiber (VDSL) which Airtel is offering.

Because if it's VDSL, You would get 80-110 ms only.

Fiber is a lot different from VDSL.

Visited main office for FTTH, two aunties have promised that ONT installation and activation will be done tomorrow, JTO will install it.

Also they are said that free installation is a promotional offer currently.

MPfnIwD.jpg

It took 15 days to complete installation, had to visit BSNL CTO office for it. They are very busy because of fiber cuts caused by metro construction. Pings were 280ms to most international servers including Singapore, emailed Nagpur NIB and then they emailed Pune NIB and then pings were fixed in 30 minutes of email.

Ping test - 73 ms - 2018-05-24 19:26

As you can see, the speed is not actually 40mbps but IMO it is not worth arguing about with them.
Connection is very good if you like to play games as there are no ping spikes and no packet loss.
Twitch and YouTube also work in max quality.
Netflix is the only the major problem with this connection, 1080p content always plays in 4-5mbps bitrate but 7.15mbps is that max bitrate for 1080p content on Netflix, 4k content surprising plays in 15mbps which is the max bitrate for 4k but it takes upto 10 minutes to reach the max bitrate.

Currently happy browing offer is active which means no FUP.

EDIT: Netflix is more inconsistent at 4k than I thought.

EDIT 2 : Overwatch 80ms Singapore, Battlefield 4 130ms Germany.

EDIT 3 : Nagpur NIB office number 0712-2557071

Last edited:
2000+18%GST for 500gb@40mbps, yes it is unlimited 40mbps right now. One month deposit, it is post paid.

I don't understand the last question.

I have been having problems, 3-4 times daily ping rises to 500ms+ for upto an hour, only few places ping remains fine. I have emailed NIB twice but they haven't replied yet.

Luke cage S2(4k) won't go increase in quality more than 6.58 mbps 1080p, saw 4 episodes and it just fluctuates between 4-6.5mbps never playing in 4k.