BSNL FTTH

• Thread starter Thread starter BijuThomas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,453
ISP
BSNL
I am planning to go for BSNL FTTH connection provided by LCO. It is understood that the LCO is using Netlink OLT etc.. I want buy a modem and related devices which can provide me following options:

1 BSNL Triple play services (phone/data/iptv).
2 want to restrict the access of the internet to wifi users by creating rules(like time restrictions/user wise access/device wise access etc).
3 want the modem to 5G compatible.
4 Power backup to run the above in case of power failure
5 It should be secure from outside.

Can any one please guide me what all devices I need to buy and approx cost

Last edited:
My recommendation would be to get a basic ONT and then use a good wireless router with the ONT bridged. TP-Link Archer C6 is a decent balanced device when you look at price vs performance. This means you would need to use a softphone, if you need a hard-wired phone, an ONT which includes a SIP ATA is required, which would be a bit more expensive.

For power backup, you could look at a 12V DC UPS something like this -- https://www.amazon.in/Cuzor-Router-Switching-Moisture-Resistant/dp/B07ZKD8T1Q

Basic ONT - 1-1.5k
Wireless router - 2.5k
Power backup - 1-2k

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you all for your replies.
Will this BASIC ONT + TP-Link ROUTER address the FIREWALL features like
1 restrict the access of the internet to wifi users by creating rules(like time restrictions/user wise
access/device wise access etc).
2 It should be secure from outside attacks

3 want the modem to 5G network compatible.

Upvote 0
1. TP-Link offers emulator (Link) for most of their routers, you can try emulator of the router you are going to buy and check the features you are looking for.
2. Turn off remote access from WAN and enable firewall.
3. Neither the TPlink router (C6) nor the onu offers support for mobile network, not sure what do you mean by 5G network compatibility

Last edited:
Upvote 0