Bsnl ftth vpn issue

ISP
BSNL
Hi, recently took Bsnl ftth connection, and the vendor gave me a genixis earth 4222 modem come router, I use sonic wall global VPN for my office purpose, but when I try to connect to vpn the status shoes connecting, but it does not connect, can any one help me out..?

I faced similar issue with my office Cisco VPN on the INOTECH router LCO provided..

Let's test whether it's device issue or configuration..
Trail 1
1. Connect to LAN port
2. Try connecting VPN
Result: Pass/Fail

Trail 2
1. Connect via WiFi
2. Try connecting VPN

If Trail 1 succeeded and Trail 2 failed
- Then possibly it's a buggy firmware of your router device (This was my case, I demonstrated it to them and told them to take their device back.. After loads of trouble and to n fro stuffs, which I'll skip here, they connected a OptiLink device and it works well)

If both Trails fail
- Try changing MTU, link to guide

That's all that I know when I came across this issue..

Also note.. LCO will never say that it's their device fault.. They keep saying, many are using the same device and no issues.. But that's not the truth..

Last edited:
Hi ginzon, thank you for your valuable response, but in my case vendor completely agrees with the VPN issues facing by many people like me, he told to check with office IT team once, I'll contact them, thank you for sharing the useful link. Hopefully I'll try to figure this issue ASAP.

Hey.. There's no point contacting your IT team if many are facing this issue..
Just follow my steps, you'll know where the problem lies..

Hai there.. i had a similiar issue.
I was able to connect to openvpn, i was able to ping after connecting but the browser traffic was not going through.
Initially none of the solutions were working for me ( I am really not sure if bsnl was blocking certain ports during that time due to any issues ).. but currently i am able to connect after (1) I change mtu to 1400 in the modem..
(2) In the openvpn config file, i added few lines to force VPN tunnel mtu to 1400 instead of the default 1500.
Thats it and its working now.. Worth a try

I tried both.i.e through WiFi and through lan port but both methods failed for me,next I tried to set correct mtu size and I found 1430 was correct mtu size with 0%loss. I must say after correction Of mtu size I found Cisco VPN works good for me and still I was unable to connect to open vpn. I have informed the vendor about this and I'll try with another compaitable modem.

I'll try, thank you for ur sujjestion, I don't no why these things happen in bsnl ftth😔,I did not face these issues in my old Bsnl adsl connection.

I think its because BSNL uses PPPoE for authentication which lowers MTU from 1500 to 1492 which can mess with VPNs using 1500 as MTU.

I tried both.i.e through WiFi and through lan port but both methods failed for me,next I tried to set correct mtu size and I found 1430 was correct mtu size with 0%loss. I must say after correction Of mtu size I found Cisco VPN works good for me and still I was unable to connect to open vpn. I have informed the vendor about this and I'll try with another compaitable modem.

Good to know it worked..

Try using select and quote feature instead of quoting whole post unless absolutely necessary
I faced similar issue with my office Cisco VPN on the INOTECH router LCO provided..

Let's test whether it's device issue or configuration..
Trail 1
1. Connect to LAN port
2. Try connecting VPN

Trail 2
1. Connect via WiFi
2. Try connecting VPN

If Trail 1 succeeded and Trail 2 failed
- Then possibly it's a buggy firmware of your router device (This was my case, I demonstrated it to them and told them to take their device back.. After loads of trouble and to n fro stuffs, which I'll skip here, they connected a OptiLink device and it works well)

If both Trails fail
- Try changing MTU, link to guide

That's all that I know when I came across this issue..

Also note.. LCO will never say that it's their device fault.. They keep saying, many are using the same device and no issues.. But that's not the truth..
Hi, Looks like, as you said, cable connection is much better. Thanks

Ethernet and Wifi have different MTU. If want to work in wifi, reduce MTU by trial and error method, either in System/tab/phone or in Router/modem.