bsnl ftth ipv6

• Thread starter Thread starter dkdhanda8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,446
A quick look at the emulator for that model shows it should be under Advanced -> IPv6. IPv6 may or may not be enabled on the other end.

You just have to enable the WAN configuration on router to request for IPv6 too. Must be same for C6 too, under Advanced -> IPv6 I guess. LAN type has to be SLAAC+Stateless I think. It's not much useful for now at least other than testing purposes and the uncapped speed if it is still available still but trying to use that uncapped speed will hurt the other users on the line's limited bandwidth. Check here IPv6 being issued by BSNL Broadband! | BSNL Bharat Fiber

But it all depends on if the OLT has been configured to provide internet access via IPv6.

So I have to bridge my wan profile on ONT and configure WAN on my router.Is that stock firmware on router is enough for that to do.we need openWRT.??
You can do it on your ONT too. Just have to change IP Protocol mode to IPv4/IPv6 in WAN config and you will get both. Stock firmware will do just fine.

@sloj , even after enabling its not working , my ont is in bridge mode , do i need to change any settings in ont ?
Chances are it's not enabled on the OLT.

@sloj I have set it up to what u have said.but my ipv6 connection shows like this.
1598013203601.webp

You must complain to your LCO about it. Is it all throughout the day or speeds get normal after office hours?

I checked yesterday n even today was only getting 87 Mbps on Lan ipv4 (100mbps plan) , it's worth raising issue with BSNL ? , Will try checking ont settings at night for ipv6.