BSNL FTTH Installation taking more than week

ChandigarhBSNLUser

I completed the application for BSNL FTTH services in Chandigarh. Apparently no equipment is with the staff and so it could take 2 weeks more. Is this normal? Can I do anything about this?

vasukinv

I paid ₹200 for the splitter and ₹100 for the pigtail cord when I took connection last week. Because I remember a retired high-level employee told me about 2-3 months ago that "they had a plan to start FTTH in this town 1 year ago, but they don't send materials from Bangalore. They have plenty in stock, but for some reason they don't send it." Based on the tone of his voice, one could easily sense that the materials were not being distributed intentionally.

ChandigarhBSNLUser

I paid ₹200 for the splitter and ₹100 for the pigtail cord when I took connection last week. Because I remember a retired employee told me about 2-3 months ago that "they had a plan to start FTTH in this town 1 year ago, but they don't get materials in time."
Did they ask you for that or you had to offer it? I'm okay with paying extra but want fast installation

vasukinv

Nobody told me first, nor did I know there could be [an artificial] scarcity. I thought the materials would have began flowing from Bengaluru. When the splicer came, he said he installed splitter in their office, which he showed me later, and pigtail cable. In the beginning I retaliated saying I should have informed about it earlier. After a minute, I remembered that the local JTO once humbly said "You're the first FTTH customer here, so we don't have much details." and agreed to pay ₹300--and paid.

thadougamer

BSNL ADSL & FTTH User
In my case, they took around a month for the installation. That too after repeated complaints on twitter and calling up the SDE & JTO several times.