BSNL FTTH Installation taking more than week

I completed the application for BSNL FTTH services in Chandigarh. Apparently no equipment is with the staff and so it could take 2 weeks more. Is this normal? Can I do anything about this?

Nope, talk to BSNL

I paid ₹200 for the splitter and ₹100 for the pigtail cord when I took connection last week. Because I remember a retired high-level employee told me about 2-3 months ago that "they had a plan to start FTTH in this town 1 year ago, but they don't send materials from Bangalore. They have plenty in stock, but for some reason they don't send it." Based on the tone of his voice, one could easily sense that the materials were not being distributed intentionally.

I paid ₹200 for the splitter and ₹100 for the pigtail cord when I took connection last week. Because I remember a retired employee told me about 2-3 months ago that "they had a plan to start FTTH in this town 1 year ago, but they don't get materials in time."
Did they ask you for that or you had to offer it? I'm okay with paying extra but want fast installation

Nobody told me first, nor did I know there could be [an artificial] scarcity. I thought the materials would have began flowing from Bengaluru. When the splicer came, he said he installed splitter in their office, which he showed me later, and pigtail cable. In the beginning I retaliated saying I should have informed about it earlier. After a minute, I remembered that the local JTO once humbly said "You're the first FTTH customer here, so we don't have much details." and agreed to pay ₹300--and paid.

In my case, they took around a month for the installation. That too after repeated complaints on twitter and calling up the SDE & JTO several times.

One thing about various service providers in India is that they never fail to track and send you the bill every month. That is one thing that never fails. Their service may go down/shoddy but the bill will be there for you without fail. If the people working in billing department/implementation also worked on the actual service imagine how smooth everything would be 😀

FAIL FAIL FAIL

One thing about various service providers in India is that they never fail to track and send you the bill every month. That is one thing that never fails. Their service may go down/shoddy but the bill will be there for you without fail. If the people working in billing department/implementation also worked on the actual service imagine how smooth everything would be 😀

FAIL FAIL FAIL

If there has been one provider that consistently gave me good service it was Netplus (Punjab). They provide upto gigabit speed (FTTH), I had taken a plan for 200mbps unlimited no FUP at 1600rs. The surprising part was installation was on next day, speeds and latency were good and consistent but most of all. During the 2 years I had the connection, the 3-4 times it did break off they fixed it within 1-5 hours. The way their customer service works is that they give me an OTP and I have to provide the OTP to the service staff when the connection is fixed. That way they are quite often efficient.

Here in Trivandrum it took two weeks after applying to start installation by lco. Took a further week to get everything up and running. cable, device, mac binding etc...

Don,t go with bsnl thier service is horrible and after your connection if a y problem comes in future they will not fix that in time for them time is 15 days to 30 months if you are repeteadly complaing them else they will simply forget you.i had a bsnl broadband 2 year ago it took around a month for the connection and it worked fine for 4 months but adter that threre was a problem with the line they took 1 month for fixing it and i had to pay that months bill also without using it.and it happened many times after that and finally i got it disconnected and even in disconnection it took 2 months for which also i have to pay the monthly rental.Go with any private isp dude.they may be little costly but thier service will be quick.Now i am using Fox FTTH broadband they did my connection within 2 days and from that time connection is akways stable sometines it went down and on complaining they came same day and fixed it same day.So only go with private local isp near your area.

If there has been one provider that consistently gave me good service it was Netplus (Punjab). They provide upto gigabit speed (FTTH), I had taken a plan for 200mbps unlimited no FUP at 1600rs. The surprising part was installation was on next day, speeds and latency were good and consistent but most of all. During the 2 years I had the connection, the 3-4 times it did break off they fixed it within 1-5 hours. The way their customer service works is that they give me an OTP and I have to provide the OTP to the service staff when the connection is fixed. That way they are quite often efficient.
[/QUOTE]
Correct bro local private isps are best