BSNL FTTH Help!

• Thread starter Thread starter anand777
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,536
ISP
BSNL
I got my BSNL FTTH (777)connection yesterday. I am currently getting the advertised speeds on downloads and streaming, but browsing speeds had slowed down considerably. Twitter and Facebook takes some time to load. On banking sites and sites like Paytm, Amazon, Flipkart, PhonePe and every other site out there, the payment portal won't connect. This is a serious issue. This issue never arose in my previous connection. Please help.

NB: I had to use my mobile data to post this thread, because 'POST REPLY' option was taking forever.

using custom dns or automatic?//

Whatever comes as default. I haven't done anything to DNS, since I would be totally lost if any issues arose, as the BSNL employees lacked knowledge regarding FTTH connection.

this probably wont help. but does not hurt. switch to 1.1.1.1. // That didn't work out as expected. My ONU is
Ustarcom 404i (2008 model). It is a GEPON with only FE port connected to a TP-Link router. Any help is appreciated.

do you know your local gateway ip? try pinging it to see if there is packet loss.

if you are using TP-Link router then configure the custom DNS there, rest of the devices should pick up that custom DNS.

The above DNS has sped up things slightly but still the issue persists. To my horror, I found out that Transdroid app doesn't work as well.

I have taken BSNL FTTH connection a few days ago. The experience hasn't been pleasant so far. The speeds are far from ideal. I am getting 30-40 Mbps in 100 Mbps plan. The service offered by BSNL employees is one of the worst I have seen so far. The JTO in my centre knows zilch about FTTH connections. They have asked to me contact NIB . People in the NIB are asking me to contact the FTTH coordinator who never attends any call. The guy who came to do the installation was actually laughing when I asked him whom I should contact in case any issues arise. I should have taken that as a precursor to events that were going to unfold.
I am stuck with them for the moment as we won't be having any other FTTH connection in my area for the next 3-6 months. Has anyone else had the same experience with BSNL? Is there someone I can contact in order to have my issues resolved ?

Last edited: