• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 11,878
Crazyguy030601

Crazyguy030601

Castiel, mea salvator
ISP
Airtel
Since I upgraded to BSNL'S 100mbps plan, I bought a dual band router. But I cannot seem to be able to configure it. My earlier ADSL router was configured in bridged mode to be used with ONT, but there doesn't seem to be any option for that in this router

Router model : TP-Link Archer C20 AC750

abbyck

abbyck

ISP
BSNL
You don't need the router to be in bridge mode. You may just plug the LAN of ONT to wan port of your router.
In this case, you will end up with double NAT situation, ie your router and ONT doing NAT which in turn increases latency. To fix this you have many options such as configuring your ONT in bridge mode and dialing PPP via the router or Adding router's local IP to ONT's DMZ or run router as only in AP mode.

Crazyguy030601

Crazyguy030601

Castiel, mea salvator
ISP
Airtel
Oh okay I figured it out. Turns out only 2 ports work on the ONT provided by BSNL. *facepalm*

S

Shubham

ISP
Jio Fiber
I have a Mi 3c router will that work with BSNL ONT? I have no clue and I have just applied for fiber.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Ont gives out ethernet which should logically work with any wireless router. Only thing is how you authenticate I guess? I assume bsnl ftth uses pppoe?

Crazyguy030601

Crazyguy030601

Castiel, mea salvator
ISP
Airtel
See, BSNL FTTH uses PPOE to connect. All I did was set up my router on Dynamic IP and connected it to the modem. Voila, it worked!

humblefool

humblefool

ISP
BSNL
In TP-Link go to internet options and Select Dynamic IP.
Plug the ethernet cable from ONT to WAN port of ModeM
kquzevU.png