BSNL FTTH Broadband Coverage

• Thread starter Thread starter dfinch
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 8,129

dfinch

ISP
BSNL
its quite pathetic that bsnl themselves have no information about this on their website. (or its definitely not accessible easily ) . and i have been googling a lot!

all i found was this stupid link
http://link-removed.info/bsnl-launches-fibre-to-home-services-in-jaipur-rajasthan/21768/

does any1 know whats the coverage of this service ? is it available in chandigarh !!!! ?

😛leasehelp:

its quite pathetic that bsnl themselves have no information about this on their website. (or its definitely not accessible easily ) . and i have been googling a lot!

all i found was this stupid link
http://link-removed.info/bsnl-launches-fibre-to-home-services-in-jaipur-rajasthan/21768/

does any1 know whats the coverage of this service ? is it available in chandigarh !!!! ?

😛leasehelp:

FTTH is being built by Aksh Optifiber for BSNL in Jaipur, Udaipur, Kota, Jodhpur, Ajmer,Alwar, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Ambala, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jallandhar, Sangroor, Patiala, Firozpur, Shimla, Jammu, Meerut and Agra.

Whether it's live in Chandigarh is something you'll need to check with BSNL - I know it's available now in Ahmedabad and Jaipur (using different equipment and different types of network, which means the whole thing might be a hodge-podge operation), but they're rolling out in phases, so these cities will only surely be covered by the end of 2012 (if the literature is to be believed).

They were anticipating 5 lakh customer by year end 2010, and are expecting 20 lakh customers covered by year end 2012.

Yep, mg. I got info of FTTH from BSNL official website but mg tariffs are very costly to afford as a residential user. I am gonna take it if they offer me in 1-1.5k with whatever speed.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
Here is an official link but it does not carry any feasibility info.

Yep, mg. I got info of FTTH from BSNL official website but mg tariffs are very costly to afford as a residential user. I am gonna take it if they offer me in 1-1.5k with whatever speed.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
Here is an official link but it does not carry any feasibility info.

I just gave their anticipated feasibility info, didn't I? 😀

they were anticipating 5 lakh customer by year end 2010, and are expecting 20 lakh customers covered by year end 2012.

LOL. :tongue: :clap:

They were anticipating 5 lakh customer by year end 2010, and are expecting 20 lakh customers covered by year end 2012.
LOL. :tongue: :clap:

Mg saying that BSNL was expecting customers 5 lakh in 2010 and 20lakh in 2012 but BSNL does not concentrate on their price. They still do not realize that a residential user can not afford it.

Anyone have opted for FTTH in ahmedabad ?

You must be kidding. It better to take another's company connection which is cheaper.
I am sure you are aware about tariff. Yeah if anybody is business user, it can be possible.
But no update from anybody even from feasible city like Jaipur or rest of rajsthan.

lol @ prices mentioned in the BSNL website!!
8mbps for 12000RS is friggin joke!!
If I take connection and share it in my society, I will never cover 11k-12k per month even though total speed will be shared among all and all users will shout at me.

If I take connection and share it in my society, I will never cover 11k-12k per month even though total speed will be shared among all and all users will shout at me.
how many pl are there in your society ..who'll take this connection..and how much would you hypothetically charge them ..?!

how many pl are there in your society ..who'll take this connection..and how much would you hypothetically charge them ..?!
That is I am saying If I charge every customer at .8k per month and give 512kbps. I will still be in loss or I will have less speed to me.
Suppose according to tariff, I will have 8mbps (8192kbps) in 12k.
Every customer will pay 800 for 512 kbps. I have to find more 15 customers to pay my rental back to India which is hard to find.