BSNL FTTH 999 plan superstar premium plus with OTT subscription help

• Thread starter Thread starter senthil@
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 35,762
@areekal did you got the subscription of lions gate? how did u activate

Lionsgate Play Activation :-
1. Use the contact page on there website Contact and send them your BSNL number and registered mobile number and mention registered email id with BSNL.

2. Register in Lionsgate playing using the same registered mobile number shared with BSNL, only catch here is prefix country code +91 before the mobile number.

For me option 1 worked(TAT - <24hrs) for many others option 2 also has worked.

I had subscribed to this plan back in March 3rd and even currently only Yupp TV Scope and connected subscriptions are working. Lionsgate, Shemaroo, Hungama, Zee5, etc. are still not working.

Tweeted them - they told me to visit exchange.
Visited exchange - they have no clue about this and told me to contact my TP.
Contacted my TP - gave me a BSNL guy's number and told me to contact him.
BSNL guy - Told me to contact JTO FTTH and gave me the number.
JTO FTTH - has noted down the details and said he will get it resolved (awaiting for a revert from him now).

BSNL is and will always remain a mess. It is good only if things are working.

Finally Hotstar started working for me from today.
I feel that Hostar and the number registered on selfcare have some connection.
My theory how it started working :-
From past few days google login stopped on selfcare portal. I had not set password for selfcare, everytime i used google login.From that day I was unable to login to selfcare because everytime I tried resetting password it gave message that No such customer is registered with us.

I had changed plan after this (from google login stopped and was unable to login to selfcare).
After changing the plan all the services started except hotstar.

I filed complaint, it was closed without solving. I visited BSNL office, one lady told that in her system plan change has been completed and regarding hotstar nothing can be done from her side.
She sent me to nodal officer. Nodal officer first gave me procedure for activating yupp tv. I had to explain the officer that YuppTv and hotstar are not connected to each other. Hotstar is not activated by the above process. Then the nodal officer mailed some one from the system and told me to vist after 2-3 days.

In the mean while I read somewhere that there's one feedback tab on selfcare portal and you can write there for registering number. I did put the ftth no and registered mobile no and email id and submitted the feedback without having any hope from it.

Then today I visited the BSNL office again. The nodal officer told me to uninstall hotstar, register etc etc. I was literally getting impatient since this people know nothing. This people dont understand that subscription to hotstar has nothing to do with reinstalling the app. But only out of the reason that I needed help I did whatever the officer said. Then the officer called YuppTv helpline and I was like why the hell are you calling them when hotstar is not related to them. The guy on the helpline told to contact 1504 for the same and I literally started laughing that where I am. This people seriously dont understand that this are different OTT's.
Then I had lost all hope and decided to leave as the officer had no clue. While leaving the officer found some hotstar activation process in whatsapp chat and told to try if that works.

I read the document and it was old document and it mentioned registering on selfcare and then hotstar will activate.

I came home and I knew that selfcare was not working for me but just thought to give it a try and tried logging via OTP and to my utter disbelief I received OTP on my registered mobile number. I was able to access self care portal.

And in sometime I just checked my hotstar subscription, It also started.

So its just my theory that HOTSTAR and SELFCARE registration are linked to each other coz thats how it worked for me. I may be wrong

Source

Hello Frenz

I just moved to FIBRE SUPERSTAR PREMIUM PLUS plan yesterday and I got confirmation that Disney Hotstar premium is activated for a month.
Hotstar account transaction details show service period - month and mode as BSNL

Does this gets renewed month on month.

I can track my request on BSNL CUSTOMER CARE which shows its in progress . yet to receive confirmation sms from BSNL .
Yet to check on other OTT services which are part of this bundle.

I changed to this plana month back and my OTT apps was working, but today SonyLiv showed me to subscribe again. and YuppTV channels also show that I need subscription.

I guess only live sports content was not showing to me. I tried to watch Dortmund vs Bayern match, It was denied to me and i was asked to subscribe to premium..

WTH going on?

Last edited:
YuppTV(yupptv.in) still shows to subscribe to watch channels. Anybody has this issue?

Last edited:
Still no resolution. Logged a complaint on pgportal.

Gq2tEtr.png

I had subscribed to Superstar Premium Plus plan of Rs. 999 last month. When I saw this month's bill, I have noticed that extra charge of Rs. 129 was added as Yupp TV subscription. Shouldn't this be free, or am I missing something?

It is a part of the plan and included in the monthly rental and shouldn't be charged separately. Log a billing complaint.