BSNL Fooled me?

• Thread starter Thread starter iChaitanya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,932
ISP
airtel & RCOM
huh? :blink:

I got dataone on 26th Nov ... i asked the person who came to install ... "When will this one month validity expire? ... On the 26 Dec 05 OR 1 Dec 05?"

he replied "1 month validity will get over after 1 month ... i.e. on the 26th of Dec 2005"

Now, today morning i checked my service records on http://10.240.43.216/ ... it has changed to the december month!! *crying*

i hav 782.847MB data transfer remaining for november month.

what about the other members here? does ur 1 month validity change on the 1st of every month? or what?

I'm screwed! help me! 🤔

btw, this is nice forum! 🙂

1month valadity expires on 1st of each month. Too bad a lot of precious data got wasted.

but i think that ur monthly rental will be charged proportionately for the fraction period and ur data limit will be fixed accordingly.__________Arup

🙂 me too.. a new user like chaits..I think they r charging proportionaly.. for 30 days 1GB.But my doubt is when does the billing start from... from installation date or date on "service order record" (date the server hooked u)cust care people dont have a proper reply. :huh: Any old users of Dataone here.. people who were billed already ?plz.. help 🙁

The billing for the first month is only done proportionally. If ur connection was activated on 26th you will not pay 500Rs but a much lesser amount for 4 days only. From second month onwards ur billing will resume normally ie 1GB for 1month and 500Rs.

looks like they are cheating the subscribers :angry: make sure you confirm that with their superiors

No they are not cheating subscribers as far as dataone is concerned. They charge on pro rata basis i.e the free data transfer would be 1 GB/30 X no of days the connection worked for and this is true for the rental as well

visit this topic u will get the exact picture

https://broadband.forum/index.php?showtopic=2850

UR Rent and free download will be calculated for the no of days u used only. by ratio factor

Always Try to register 1st or in the first week to avoid this problem

Even If u get the modem and other stuffs..

REMEMBER FIRST LOGIN DATE IS TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT FOR CALCULATION

haha!*points and laughs*data bound packages suck!!!111 🙂Ask BSNL to remove the stupid limits and give you unlimited usage! AND most of ALL ask them to unbundle the local loop! 😀

Most of the BSNL b'band related queries of a user end up being answered in THIS forum. I think BSNL should seriously consider donating here 😛

Actually the lines man who gives you connection are not well educated. So they are commiting wrong information.

Thanks 🙂I know, I know ... Customer service is also crappy. But regarding this confusion i thought i would have to pay 500/- for just 4 days usage. The BSNL DataOne plans are going to be revised and probable some changes might be made to that 1GB limit. I m not sure but i read this on that dataone website tariff page. This 1GB limit is the bottleneck! even if it was , ... say 2GB it would be good. at least we can use 70MB per day! this applies for those who want to stay in that 1GB limit! 😛h34r: Enjoy!