Bsnl fibre plan

ISP
BSNL
Hello guys, currently I am on the bsnl 1091 plan here in Chennai. In about 2 months,I will shift to a new apartment where all this BSNL fibre wiring has been laid..I am planning to move to FTTH connection.Now currently I use "TP-Link w8961nd" modem cum router for the current plan..NOW what I want to know is ,can we use this same device I have for the new FTTH connection. I heard that BSNL will give some device called ONT and a router for rent..I don't know what this "ONT" is,can someone explain..and for the router part .I am not planning to pay rent for router..can I use the same device I have now for wifi?
Thanks

ONT means Optical network Terminal, fiber cable is connected to device and it converts it to Ethernet output (RJ 45). Coming to your Modem Cum Router,check user manual if one of its Lan port can be converted to WAN/E-WAN port? If it can be converted to WAN/E-WAN you can use your router with FTTH otherwise you have to buy a wifi router which costs you approx 1K.
Coming to rental issue,talk to your local bsnl employees they would explain you much better.Try to convince them that you would like to use your own router.

ONT means Optical network Terminal, fiber cable is connected to device and it converts it to Ethernet output (RJ 45). Coming to your Modem Cum Router,check user manual if one of its Lan port can be converted to WAN/E-WAN port? If it can be converted to WAN/E-WAN you can use your router with FTTH otherwise you have to buy a wifi router which costs you approx 1K.
Coming to rental issue,talk to your local bsnl employees they would explain you much better.Try to convince them that you would like to use your own router.
Ok,but it's better to use the ONT they give or that also should I buy?and do u use BSNL?

Ok
DHCP is another thing which is not related to your issue.There should be some option to select its operation mode. It would be better if you contact TP-Link support for the same
DHCP is another thing which is not related to your issue.There should be some option to select its operation mode. It would be better if you contact TP link support for the same

Ok will a stand alone router work with the ONT to give wifi connection? Suggest some good router, to start off is this good:
TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

yes this should work and to be double sure ask this question on product's section on Amazon but before buying first get connection and see their ONT who knows it might have inbuilt wifi
Nope it doesn't have, that's why they are giving a router for rent. But their router sucks and I don't want to pay rent. That's why I thought of either using my existing MODEM CUM ROUTER or buy a standalone router.
BTW, are you sure my existing modem/router won't work?