Bsnl fiber new connection charge

You got scammed. Its 4500, 500 for cable and 4000 for router.

And I'm getting everything for free here, but if there is no competition, they will not hesitate to ask for mouthwatering amounts of money.

I paid INR 4k for the whole thing, including the box. But now that is mine. About 2k/- for the modem and the rest for installation charges etc.

Damn. I remember bsnl lco asking for 11000rs for bringing cable to my colony from main road which was around 300-400 meters away. Then a single complaint to BSNL Official person in BSNL Office made it happen in no cost. Also, I used bsnl for just 1 day and it was shitty experience, I switched to Airtel the very next day.

Remember to ask for a bill for whatever you have paid. I was charged 4500 and vendor refused to give me bill saying he can not do that. Escalated through BSNL twitter and they finally gave me 3500 bill for router and returned 1000 INR.

Reasonable fiber cable cost is Rs. 5 per meter atleast when you are buying 600m.

Why did you even pay 11k at first place ? If you needed unlimited internet at good speed VI and BSNL have postpaid and prepaid plan for that at much cheaper rate.

No point asking about it now anyway ,vendor ain't gonna refund you ,enjoy your internet.

Standard rates where their is not much competition between isps - 3.5k for single band router connection. Max anywhere below 4.5k.

Same... Get VI dude with their new Wifi dongle & recharge with postpaid 699₹ unlimited plan.

Maybe you had no othe option that that but still you should have considered going to your area BSNL office.

It's not like the 600 Meters cable is only for you. They're gonna use it for other connections to. TBH you got ripped off.

Those LCO's are cheaters.