BSNL FTTH flyers sent by email to Bangalore Broadband Users

Remove this.

Sorry, just installed this new Tapatalk application on my tab - as recommended by this forum yesterday & looks like this is something that came up automatically with the software. will find a way to disable this...

// OFF - TOPIC //
BTW this was the first application i purchased from Android Market using Google Account(New Registration) & was supposed to be charged around Rs. 133.99 approx but seconds before this transaction another transaction of Rs. 45.40 also shows up on my card statement(which could have been approx US $1)
I had noticed this charge when i registered a new card on my paypal account quiet sometime ago(for security check/verification), does similar concept apply for Google Account as well. However paypal did keep me informed about such a charge & had promised to refund this back to my paypal account which they did but didn't get any such notification from Google Account Registration wizard. Any thoughts ?

Yes it does draw power from the our home power outlet like any modem would do. The landline is where the difference comes in. Copper landlines do not require electricity from the client side, but a ftth landline requires that the modem be on at all times.

My setup is similar to the one here. Except for the fact that I haven't gotten the modem wall mounted and my landline phone is a different model.
BSNL FTTH in Gurgaon - A Review

ftth equipments should have a battery backup like other parts of the world if a telephone line is connected..what will one do in case of emergency and a power outage.!

Ok, here are some pictures, for the ont, you can have a look at the thread mentioned above. Also, I wasn't able to get a picture of the Huawei box.

Anyway, here is the cable which emerges from the huawei box :

This is where it comes out of the socket :

This is the battery backup :

To the guy who asked for the pings :

[imghttps://i.imgur.com/eFsmc.jpg[/img]

Has any user living in independent house(Not Apartment or any other society) got BSNL FTTH connection, i would want to take this connection but BSNL representative says they can't provide it to individuals for now & when asked for the possibility in near future - not sure

Which plan are you aiming ? Any specific reason to try FTTH ?

Which plan are you aiming ? Any specific reason to try FTTH ?

Better QOS, it's a general thought that fiber improves latency and you normally get promised speeds. Also hoping FTTH to be less prone to downtimes

I'm already using UL1350(4 Mbps upto 20gb plan) and shall stick to this for now - serves my needs

Assuming that was directed to me, I am using the rs.825-512kbps-unlimited plan. I am trying ftth in the hope that bsnl will reducecthe cost of the high speed plans, also its ping time is consistently better than dsl. Also the customer support is way way better.@madhusudhan7As of now, there are only 7 ftth users in gurgaon. Out of that 5 of them are in my society. The remaining 2 conections belong to bsnl. I did ask the ftth guy about independent houses, he told me that, they would lay fiber to independent houses only if there was a strong demand for ftth in the neighbourhood.

With their outstanding reputation i don't understand how they can dream of a strong demand !

Almost everyone I know has airtel 😛So yeah, generating a strond demand for ftth is going to be rather difficult.

@madhusudhan7

As of now, there are only 7 ftth users in gurgaon. Out of that 5 of them are in my society. The remaining 2 conections belong to bsnl. I did ask the ftth guy about independent houses, he told me that, they would lay fiber to independent houses only if there was a strong demand for ftth in the neighbourhood.

What...only 7 ftth users 😱!!! Gurgaon is a quite a big place as per as my knowhow. If this is the 'halat' in the metros what will happen to other parts of the country.
How the hell will they profit.....!!!

Looks like BSNL is also on a wait and watch for National BB Plan........NBP when are you are coming:Boy Surrender:

hello i m using home 500combo.I m getting noise in the background i m telling area sde to do it he told me there is cable fault.They are actually searching for fault it seems.Is it that difficult to locate cable fault??? they was some road work for 2 months BBMP have cut the cable N number of times.or if i SCREW lineman properly will he do some stupid things to my account?? Because i m using a limited plan..i mean exceeding my bill blah blah.......:1huh (2):no probem in broadband getting 224KB download speed .BUT speedtest shows 2.5Mbps lol:biggrin:

Not sure what you mean by quite. But, they certainly won't be able to profit with their absurd plans, 725 for 256 k ultd and 1999 for 1 mbps. Couple that with bsnl's reputation. I doubt there will be large scale adoption of ftth(residential) anytime soon, if at all.As for the other guy, create a seperate thread for that.Edit - it seems bsnl is shifting everyone from copper to fiber in my colony ( 1500 + apartments) of which 60-70 % are on bsnl.