BSNL Experience Unlimited BB 249: 1mbps unlimited (2mbps for 1st GB) for six months for Rs. 249

wow this is really good news, I am currently on mtnl paying 1250₹ for this same (1mbps unlimited) so this will save me a lot of money (around 750₹ pm) but I don't know their services are, please let me know guys, is bsnl good?

BSNL is best I can ever get uptime is more than 99%, In love with BSNL broadband.
With offers such as free 9-7 calling with all Sundays free to any network

It's official. Just confirmed with relative working at BSNL Karnataka HQ, Bengaluru. I have not changed the plan in ages. Have forgotten the portal login details fully. Need to give written request this time.

BSNL is on a roll it seems. Now, BSNL will rule the landline broadband speed soon. BSNL will move to heavy profitability this year it seems. The lazy BSNL babus would have tons of work to do now it seems. They always cry that they do not work with so many customers when I go for some issue resolution. They will get some dose soon. 😀

BSNL always had the potential. They are monopoly in B class towns and villages. Just that, they do not know how to respect a customer. Let alone do work.

The big problem with Bsnl is people.
Go to the Customer care centre at 11AM, out of 7 staff only 2 will be there. They come to office at any time, go at any time, for which they want salary, tips, and pension for life.

Even the big bosses are the same. A fire has to be lit under their fat asses to make them move.

I got this as a backup. The phone was installed day before yesterday without dial tone.

Yesterday, I dialled my number but it connected to someone else. Raised a complaint on twitter and phone is working now.

However, nobody came for broadband installation (I don't someone but I need username and password).

I tried these usernames:

mg1242230xxx_ncdr
id1242230xxx_ncdrid
id2230xxx_ncdrid

mg = first two letters of my name.

And password=password

It didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I am in Gurgaon. Ouch

Last edited:
Call the customer support from your landline (1500?) and inquire. CSAs typically refrain from providing broadband ID before installation. Tell them you had to reset the modem and need the broadband ID to put it together.

Also, PPPoE settings. I am located in UP West.

Username: xxYYYYYYYYYY_ncdr (xx = first two letters, YY = landline number)
Password: password
Service Name (optional): bsnl
IP assigned by ISP: Yes
Identifier: 0/35
Encapsulation: LLC
MTU: Modem/Router Default

You mean wired broardband 2 Mbps unlimited @249 ?
Bsnl cheated. I got the landline connection so that i can ue this bb249 plan..when all the installation was done and i gobto the bsnl exchange to get the bb249. They said that this plan doesnot exist anymore and u have to chose another plan. I am really frustated and going to file a case.can sm1 help me in this matter?

Did you try applying through the self care portal ?

As for going legally, do you have any written document from BSNL promising to offer 249 plan if you subscribe to their land line connection ?

isn't it their official plan for new customers which they announced with such fanfare?

Here near my place at BSNL office they have a big banner promoting Rs 249 BB plan