BSNL EVDO settings, Please use them to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

keanu_reeves

ISP
BSNL
Dear Friends,
I hear that some people are not able to connect to BSNL EVDO. so here is a little help for Win XP

Install the Mini CD install your Modem. Restart

Start ZTE EVDO from the desktop or start menu.

Click on the settings Icon
Phone : #777
User : cdma (given by the exchange)
Password : cdma (given by the exchange)

check connect when start up
check auto reconnect

check use dns (u have to use dns servers as the BSNL DNS server is down most of the time so websites wont open and they will ask you to use an antivirus.)

Click Apply

Click on the Small Globe on the top left corner of the software and if the modem is activated start browsing.:yahoo::yahoo:

Hope u find this informative please do ask here if there are any problems.
I do not come to the forum daily but someone will be able to help you.

keanu great info buddy. But that username and password part differ from region to region.If you have info regarding optimizing speed then please post it too. 🙂

@arnold991 I know you are right I have done little changes hope you like it.Please do use Open DNS as Couple of my friends in Nasik & Pune Could not browse and I could due to the open DNS. They also changed to Open DNS now and can browse easily.

the speed is going down awfully in bangalore...I am in an area half km frm bsnl tower..open space...but speed is avg 18-20kBps with direct downloads..torrents 2kBps...it is deteriorating day by day:wall:and yes I get evdo all the tym and nt ix😡and yes I get evdo all the tym and nt ix😡

Hi keanu,I tried the way u said, by enabling the dns. I have been given an user id and password by bsnl. But my modem is not detecting any network at all. It just says "Scanning port". This is the first time i am configuring.. Is there any network config i have to do in my system?Kindly advise. Thanks in advance,Aparna

can someone tell me how do i connect to internet using a 3G in EVDO? what should be the setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.