• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 11,507
Status
Not open for further replies.

tina20

ISP
Tata Photon
Hello everyone!I'm encountering an installation problem with BSNL EVDO & another poster suggested I should ask for help here.I was having problems with the installation of the BSNL connection manager (error:installation overtime) due to which the software was not detecting the device. I'm using Windows XP.The guy at BSNL tried the device on his PC and it worked just fine. He didn't know much about computers to diagnose the problem on my laptop. He asked a colleague who said that it could be a problem with some dll file in the windows registry etc but he was v.vague in conveying this information.What is going on? I bought it on the 3rd and it doesn't look like it's going to work! 🙁 Please help!EDIT: The other problem solved itself, mysteriously. 🙂

Solutions...1.You can format your laptop and re install your windows...!!2.See if your Anti virus is doing anything..disable it and try again!!...Or no anti virus is present at the moment..then install one and check registry for any errors...!!3.See which software supports your modem..and get that same software from that guy who tried to install it in your computer in a Pen drive or some other media!!4.You can also try to get that software from internet...But from your complain..i'm getting a vibe that something's wrong with your OS rather than the software 😕

I switch off my anti-virus when I install BSNL. Formatting my laptop...no! Way too much trouble!I've not been able to find BSNL Connection manager exe online yet. Doubtful that BSNL guy will give it to me on a CD etc🙁He mentioned I should go visit their CDMA deptt for a solution...its quite far from my place...but, I guess I'll have to try that. Thanks for the reply, though!

did u try checking it on other comp (incase the usb port is the prob). I have the same model (currently i am not using it for the last 3 weeks) and used it in win 7 x64 as well as xp x64 and never had a prob. I never used the connection manager as i found it to be crap. I copied the drivers on my hdd in a folder an whenever i installed it for the first time just used device manager and pointed it to the folder where the drivers were kept . Then i created a dial up connection for the same and it worked flawlessly on both machines. Til now (its been a year) i never had to reinstall it.I no longer use it as when i was in Park Circus i got 280 kBps+ (torrents) but now i moved to Lake Gardens n i get barely 102 kBps so i use my old cable connection .

did u try checking it on other comp (incase the usb port is the prob). I have the same model (currently i am not using it for the last 3 weeks) and used it in win 7 x64 as well as xp x64 and never had a prob. I never used the connection manager as i found it to be crap. I copied the drivers on my hdd in a folder an whenever i installed it for the first time just used device manager and pointed it to the folder where the drivers were kept . Then i created a dial up connection for the same and it worked flawlessly on both machines. Til now (its been a year) i never had to reinstall it.

I no longer use it as when i was in Park Circus i got 280 kBps+ (torrents) but now i moved to Lake Gardens n i get barely 102 kBps so i use my old cable connection .

I might go to Telephone Bhavan tomorrow like the BSNL folks told me to but if they tell me to format/re-install Windows, I might blow a fuse!

@Jok3r: Well, I tried to make it work on Ubuntu on another desktop...it worked halfway through then conked off inexplicably. You are right...connection manager is absolute crap!

Could you walk me through how you copied the drivers, dial up...I'm a n00b at this. Do I just copy them off the BSNL EVDO card or are the drivers available online? Problem is my laptop detects the EVDO card just fine but soon after the installation for Connection Manager starts running I get the error msg saying a problem occurred etc and the device is suddenly invisible.

It's an absolute mess! 🙁

Copy the contents off the card onto your HDD. Uninstall connection manager et al. Use CCleaner to clean up the registry just to be sure. Now, plug in your data card, Windows will try installing the drivers, and won't be able to. The "Found New Hardware" window, will ask you what to do next. Select, "Install Drivers from a specified location" or something like that. Point it the folder you just copied off the card. That should set the data card up. Now, go to Network Connections, create new Connection. Select Dial Up option, enter username pw, and number as *777# (not really sure of this), and create the connection. The card should be inserted while creating the new connection. Now, you can click on the connection you just created, and connect to the internet.If it still doesn't work, well ... 😛

So, I visited the CDMA deptt at BSNL to get a resolution today. They were quite polite and helpful and tried to troubleshoot the issue without any success. They tried to do the same thing that Jok3r suggested; bypassing the connection manager, using device manager to install drivers and setting up a dialup....but it didn't work.The BSNL guy said that the problem is with some dll file in the registry which is not letting the BSNL device run properly...when the device is inserted, it gets detected but midway the computer stops detecting it...and unless its detected by the system nothing can work. The problem is not with my USB ports either. The device worked perfectly on his desktop.He suggested 2 solutions: either format my HDD or get some software fella for a patch (he wasn't sure what/which).@x720: I'm going to try what you suggested but I'm quite depressed about the whole thing. I'm considering surrendering the connection as well. 🙁

sorry to hear abt that tina . if u still want the driver u can use the following link for google docs. I packed it in rar format.
after the link open the google doc window it will show the contents of the rar file. Just click the file menu (on the top left) and select "download" or u can press"ctrl+s" keys.
hope it helps

Code:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4D_m4NFVFSvR0t1ZnR3RF85TWM

Status
Not open for further replies.