• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5,041
Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky_

ISP
bsnl
BSNL EVDO I only get 1X speed of 153 kbps.I bought a EVDO and opted for going unlimited 750.but to my surprise the device only connects with 1X speed. which is 153 kbps=> 153/8= 19 kBps.(file download speed) but it downloads in 10 kBps maxI don't know why I have to pay 750+75 tax for a connection that gives such low speeds. even if gave me 30-40 kBps download speed I would be happy.I asked the people in my area (BSNL Nandhanam) and they said even the above said speeds are far superiors. think they don't know what they are talking about.My place is near T.Nagar and Nandhanam, Chennai, TamilNadu. Chennai 35.is there any body in the same place who get different speeds. any info might help.I'm using Capitel Modem and the specification of the device on the cover says it connects all 1X 2X 3x speeds but it currently connects only 1X. somebody help me.

@vickyCheck options and make sure EVDO is enabled. Ask BSNL how far is EVDO tower from your house. Are you using postpaid connection? Prepaid connection is available @ Rs. 750 including tax. benefit of using prepaid is you don't have to recharge when you don't need EVDO.

No man the STV for prepaid connection is RS 825. which is 750+75 taxthe recharges available are a complete joke man.in postpaid also every month for the connection of 750 UL the bill would be 750+ 75 tax = 825, but my friend gets 850 somehow

I went and complained to the CRO(Customer relations offficer in BSNL) a lady in the office in GR complex, nandhanam, anna salai, chennai. checked with her system.she plugged it in and she went ahead and launched speedtest.net thru my EVDO card. the page took about 5min + to load , she was a little embarrassed to give me a direct eye contact for the lack of speed.then she smudged with an explanation that even that speed for a wireless device was very high. I could not talk to her any more if I did it would have led to a fight .so I left the office and she continued with sipping her tea.I also went to Greames road, chennai office and CRO there questioned that if prepaid was available with EVDO .I'm going to go to an other office in chennai located in mandheveli mylapore today. I'll post on what happens . k

@vicky_In kerala if you recharge for Rs.550, Rs.550 will be credited in your account and 6 months validity. If your plan is unlimited and you have Rs.750 or more balance in your account then Rs.750 will be deducted and 1 month unlimited internet will be activated. I recharged before 2 months. I am not sure whether they changed tariff after that.

----------

Make sure that your plan is unlimited and not pay per MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.