BSNL EVDO Capitel / PRITHIVI / MICROMAX USB Modem with TP-Link MR3420 WiFi Router

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 30,827
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem here. bought TP-Link MR- 3220 router from Amazon
Prithvi UE100 is identified but no signals in pc it works

@MediaFire - I am using postpaid EVDO Stick and connected to TP-Link wi-fi router. Its a fixed charges plan - Rs.750 unlimited.

I am interested in tracking the data usage per month (upload / download), so that I know my monthly data consumption.

Whats my options to check data consumption reports?

u can use application like netmeter or Dumeter to track the data consumption on a PC

on the other hand u can register at CDMA Customer Portal: Login

then check the status of the connection , it will show the data consumed
I have been using BSNL evdo,ulimitied plan,for the past around 5 years.I have an old model, Haier EC101 and would like to use it with a WiFi router.
Any help in this regard would be appreciated.Thanks.

check the first post in this thread
Thanks.The only issue is that I am not sure if my modem is supported and whether it will get detected by the router.If it does get detected I could maybe try the manual settings.Also the Evdo doesn't perhaps have a sim.It is an old model.

u can check the compatibility from the TP-Link site

I have used capitel and mircomax modems without any issue , this is to say that the router supports a wide range
I just now realized an interesting thing.The haier model in the compatibility list is CE100(Tata Photon),it is the same dongle as my EC101.Even the dialer is the same.I think I might take a chance and see if it works.What is with the version number though?It is says only compatible with v1.Is that a software thing and can be downgraded or is it the hardware version?

I just now realized an interesting thing.The haier model in the compatibility list is CE100(Tata Photon),it is the same dongle as my EC101.Even the dialer is the same.I think I might take a chance and see if it works.What is with the version number though?It is says only compatible with v1.Is that a software thing and can be downgraded or is it the hardware version?
Ya , that's hardware , I recommend you to order from Amazon as they would take back item by atc pickup services which is hassle free . note - version 1 no longer available in online store presently.

@mmnspeed ur modem would probably work , if it doesnt , u can buy modem and SIM which is totally worth it as u know about the EVDO speed
Thanks.I also think it should work.Will post the result hopefully.One final question.Even your modem is compatible with v1 only,so did you buy v1 router or did it work even on the newer router?

Status
Not open for further replies.