BSNL EVDO Broadband -REV-A (3.1 mbps) in chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter Vaithy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 33,487
Status
Not open for further replies.
@aces27The price increase is not for 144kbps cards. It is for EVDO cards. The 144 kbps data cards work on cdma 1x and it will cost Rs.250 only.

@aces27..You are lucky man Kelly is provided with EVDO REV-A technology which offer much better speed and features than EVDO-0 (please google it yu can see surprise results But the new plans are yet to be communicated to the chennai officers.. so please purchase the card(EVDO REV-A at old monthly rate (but expect price increase in coming months.. any way go to the officer concerned with your lap taop or ask him demonstrated for speed..Since the Rental option is deleted for new cards you most ask for demonstration..S.No. BTS SITE FACILITIES AVAILABLE REMARKS1 FLOWER BAZAR VOICE, 144 Kbps & EVDO 2 SHENOY NAGAR VOICE, 144 Kbps EVDO facility will be provided shortly.3 RAMAVARAM VOICE, 144 Kbps EVDO facility will be provided shortly.4 MYLAPORE VOICE, 144 Kbps & EVDO 5 PETERS ROAD VOICE, 144 Kbps EVDO facility will be provided shortly.6 ANNA ROAD VOICE, 144 Kbps & EVDO 7 MAMBALAM VOICE, 144 Kbps & EVDO 8 HARBOUR VOICE, 144 Kbps & EVDO 9 KELLYS VOICE, 144 Kbps & EVDO 10 HADDOWS ROAD VOICE, 144 Kbps & EVDO 11 PERIAMEDU VOICE, 144 Kbps EVDO facility will be provided shortly.12 KALMANDAPAM VOICE, 144 Kbps EVDO facility will be provided shortly.13 ADYAR VOICE, 144 Kbps EVDO facility will be provided shortly.14 VELACHERY VOICE, 144 Kbps EVDO facility will be provided shortly.15 VILLIWAKKAM VOICE, 144 Kbps EVDO facility will be provided shortly.16 TIRUMALAI ROAD VOICE, 144 Kbps EVDO facility will be provided shortly.17 ANNA NAGAR VOICE, 144 Kbps EVDO facility will be provided shortly. Evdo provide shortly means they are in testing phase but will be provided within six monthsAs EVDO signals are available in 5 k.m. radius pl verify your location as above and decide whether it is good option for you or not.. however in the city larger buildings,within the A/Cclosed room may affect signals.. so you have to move out of your laptop..Please post your experience further..thanks you,vaithy

Vaithy,Appreciate your time in answering queries here. If BSNL customer service was any good - you would not be spending time here!i have a question for which I am still trying to find a answer. I live in the Ashok Nagar area and have the old EVDO card and get reasonably good speeds. A few months back, I read on your website that national roaming has been activated and by paying Rs 100 more - this EVDO card would work allover India.I called BSNL and they said they are not aware about this. Can you, for the benefit of this community guide us as to what the process is for activating national roaming on already existing EVDO cards? Where to take this card - to which office, etc etc? No one at BSNL seems to have any idea about this.Thanks

If roaming is enabled in Chennai then the chennai.bsnl.co.in website should show the Plan as 650/- not as 550/- the old rate.The first priority here is upgrade the CDMA towers to EVDO -REv-A ..actually my understanding of functionality of evdo is very limited.. so unless I got confirmation I couldn't post any information.. As I understand Roaming is only in select circles.. If chenaai bsnl enabled it they will change the tariff to new rates and will post the message in their web sites..any way I'll try to ascertain the facts.. thanks you,

Dear Vaithy,

I really appreciate your effort to publish the details.

I am @ Kolapakkam - 602 101 and I am using the EVDO Card and WLL also
But EVDO dont cross more than 170 Kbps and WLL show 256 kbps.

When i went to PORUR BSNL office they told there is a programming available and they ask me to come after a week and they are not aware of Rev A

I checked the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd., and it has amazing news.

EVDO Router & EVDO Wi-Fi
Rs. 21000* Rs. 22500*

And new Traiff for EVDO data card tariff(w.e.f. 01.11.2009) :

Sl. No
FMC in Rs.
Monthly free usage in GB

1. 199.00 0.5
2. 299.00 1
3. 449.00 2
4. 649.00 5
5. 999.00 Unlimited

Can you help me how i can increase the Speed.

Thanks
Vijayakumar. S

Dear All,Can anybody help me on the EV-DO troubleshooting.I installed McAfee and after that i am not able to connect my EV-DO for the past two days. Whenever I click the Connect Icon in the EV-DO it immediately say NETWORK DISCONNECTED.Pl. help me to resolve this.Thanks in advanceVijay S9841153888:icry:

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0iEven I reinstalled Ev-DO, still the same problem sir.RegardsVijay S

Are you using LINUX OS?
I think you should try with XP/Vista or windows 7.
Not sure about this I am not familiar with Linux.
Setup BSNL EVDO USB Modem in Linux | BSNL EVDO
In your computer/desktop/laptop
copy paste here this data
Ipconfig /all ( do not edit) data
Also Check WLAN
If the Icon appears
"show available wireless networks"
or status or repair option.
What is/are the error message/s ?

any way can some one advice how to identify the device capable of Rev A. I went to the bangalore Kamanahally and Banaswadi office and They dont know any technical details . Shame on them and there is not even a proper person to answer technical query .I checked ZTE Rev 0 ( what is currently being sold ). It connects to EVdo But again drops to 1x. So dropped plan for buying it .Let me know when to buy and what device to buy since there is no stock currently in Blr and May be like Vaithy has said,they might be introducing new version of EVDO.

Hi Frirends!!Can anyone please update about the EV-DO Rev.A service availability in Anna Nagar locality in Chennai...!! I am expecting these govt. Babus to start the service... else atleast upgrade the speed in UL plans.ShreeRaman

Annanager is high scrapper area, where the EVDO signal stopped by High rised buildings except in top floor in open area.. nearest open area is koyambedu BTS so how many k.m you are residing..If you actually want connection quickly you can contact Customer Relation Manager(CRM) Shri.Narasimhan, at BSNL Office 40,CIPET Road, Tiru ViKa Industrial Estate.. Just take a MTC bus from Annanager to Tambaram route and alight near guindy estate stop just a couple of walking distance.. I know a customer who come from Avadi to meet him(instead of going to local office) and provided the EVDO connection within 20 minutes.. Even appreciated this to GM who in turn circulated the news to motivated other staff...

Status
Not open for further replies.