• Views Views 33,500
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaithy

Regular
ISP
BSNL DATAONE
Hello,
so far, only outer areas of chennai has been connected with evdo.. except K.K nager..Now additional BTS has been erected in Chennai and signal tested with sucess..So Users in the area mentioned can noe booked the EVDO-REV-A which offer 3.1 mbps download speed and 1.8 mbps upload speed, eliminates many of the draw backs of EVDO-REV-0..For video ,gaming,and voip this is a good services..So enjoy it..

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6919/outm.jpg

customers situated in the nearest areast can approach CSC of their area to book the connection..Please.don't enquire anything with counter (unless a sign notice is posted there) ask SDE of the exchange then enquire with him.. took the connection on rental only..old evdo card will not get the new speed boost.. however you will get regular 2.4 mbps as evdo-REV-a compatible with REV-0 .. Some users may require reconfiguration..contact the exchange where you bought the CArd.
:cool2:

with regards
vaithy

Hi,I live near Mount road telephone exchange in Chennai. Is EVDO service available there?

Any pricing information and whether this will spread to other areas like Pune?

Hi Vaithy!!I live in Anna Nagar, Chennai. Can u let me know from whom you got this info in BSNL. Is there any possibility to get this service in my area.ShreeRaman

Hi shreeraman!! I am a BSNL employee,I took personal interest that all the information about BSNL are available to customers, So I posted it whenever the relevant information are available in the intranet.. I honestly beleive customers are entitled the service information from the Service providers. As I am doing this without any approval from my superiors I am in a risky position to reveal detailed information about me.About your question,Annnager is also selected for EVDO REV-A for project is yet to be completed.. I think it may by the end of the year they will start EVDO services in your area..any way contat your exchange SDE who will be the nodal officer for this service.Thanking you,vaithy

Hello,
so far, only outer areas of chennai has been connected with evdo.. except K.K nager..Now additional BTS has been erected in Chennai and signal tested with sucess..So Users in the area mentioned can noe booked the EVDO-REV-A which offer 3.1 mbps download speed and 1.8 mbps upload speed, eliminates many of the draw backs of EVDO-REV-0..For video ,gaming,and voip this is a good services..So enjoy it..

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6919/outm.jpg

customers situated in the nearest areast can approach CSC of their area to book the connection..Please.don't enquire anything with counter (unless a sign notice is posted there) ask SDE of the exchange then enquire with him.. took the connection on rental only..old evdo card will not get the new speed boost.. however you will get regular 2.4 mbps as evdo-REV-a compatible with REV-0 .. Some users may require reconfiguration..contact the exchange where you bought the CArd.
:cool2:

with regards
vaithy

Dear Vaithy,

Thanks for the gr8 news. I am using EVDO for the past 5 months and WLL also. But WLL shows 256 kbps and when I connect EVDO it starts at 10 Kbps to max of 170 Kbps. I am @ Kolapakkam and when I asked the JE he says we are connecting @ more that 2 Mbps @ porur. when it is feasable to give a good Speed and is the Wired BroadBand is possible @ Kolapakkam area.

Thanks
Vijayakumar S:huh:

@vaithy

Need some clarification - From the info given in the attachment, I think a new tower has been installed in Mambalam with ability to offer 3.1mbps speed (REV-A) EVDO connection. So would this tower be used to serve KK Nagar area? If yes, how good would the speed be if my location is 3-4 kms away from the tower?

Is it necessary to get a voice plan in addition to the EVDO unlimited plan?

What is the difference between these two services? http://bsnl.in/service/evdo.htm and http://bsnl.in/service/internet_on_cdma.htm

Pls update us about the increase in monthly rental. One of the forum user had posted abt it in another thread and I also found that info on BSNL site. http://bsnl.in/service/cdma_page/homepage.htm

When I enquired CSC they said they have received a letter about EVDO availability in KK Nagar area & procurement of devices. However, they dint confirm about 3.1mbps speed.

@bbzap
sorry for delayed posting..forget the tariff plans posted in the websites.. there are some lunatics who are making mess of BSNL orders in the bsnl.co.in websites.. just stick your gun on chennai.bsnl.co.in and verify what the tariff is there..
K.K. nager already got EVDO REV services.. but since you are having EVDO -REV-0 you 'll remained in the old speed..
From your posting you are not getting any EVDO speed only CDMA speed.. for this you have to reside/go to 5 k.m radius of EVDO tower.. don't use it for your DEsktop..best with laptop..
old evdo cards only give old speed even when the towers are upgraded with EVDO-REV-A
any increase in the speed will be concide with Plan charges increased(I actually believe that the new EVDO plans are concerned with EVDO_ REV-A but the officers in the Rate&Planning are messing bsnl services with ulterior motives
The trend is only seen for the past six months

Hi Vaithy,1. I am new to Chennai. I am planning to get EVDO connection. So if i apply now, what will be monthly rent - Rs.650 or Rs.999?2. Also, i want to try out th card for rent. But when i enquired about it in Mount Road BSNL office, they said that the card is only available for outright purchase. They are not even aware that the card can be used on rental basis. Can you guide me on this? Which Chennai BSNL office to contact to get EVDO card for rent.

If the card is old (REV-0)then they have to give it on rental option..show them the chennai.bsnl.co.in website which is still showing the old rate of Rs.550/.. however I don't know anything about new cards. AnnaRoad is earmarked for REV-A so you are getting better speed of 3.1mbps d/l and 1.4 mbps upload..the new cards are not for rental that is sure , and new plans apply to this cards only..Let me explain.. AnnaRoad exchange BTS was directly installed in EVDO-REV-A technology,, so there is no option for older rate..but if the exchange BTS converted from CDMA>EVDO-0 >EVDO-REV-A then all the plans has to be applied ( but old cards are now stopped for sales)Please tell me your locatiion in Chennai..

I stay in Pudhupet, but i will be travelling to areas like Triplicane, Alwarpet with my laptop as a part of my job. So, i basically need good signal in these three areas - Pudhupet, Triplicane, Alwarpet. The person in Mount Road Customer service isn't sure of this.But the person mentioned that the speed will be upto 3.1 Mbps and the monthly rent will be Rs.550 plus taxes. EVDO card costs around Rs.3,500.

Am lookin for low cost unlimited internet connection.Called up BSNL , they said EVDO is unavailable in my area.Considering the increase in tariff from 1 nov 2009 ,1.Is it possible to book tomorrow , itslef to save myself from the price hike.2.Since EVDO technology is not available according to them , though I am in the heart of the city.Please advise whether its possible to purchase the EVDO card , but stay on the Rs.250 rental for unlimited at 144 kbps.What do you suggest , for my requirement oflow cost - unlimted internetany technology , minimum reasonable speedAirtel Broadband (existing at 256kbps , 750 rental) , Airtel data Cardreliance Card , Tata Card , BSNL Broadband (Telephone) , Idea data card are all expensive.My location : Kilpauk , Chennai Very near to the kellys office of BSNL.Please advise what to purchase or rent (Rev 0 , Rev A , NIC) from BSNL.Should I hurry by tomorrow , or will they also change the plans of existing subscribers.Thanking you

Status
Not open for further replies.