BSNL denies the FREE modem scheme with annual ULD plans !!

• Thread starter Thread starter bhojv74
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,127

bhojv74

Regular
ISP
JIO Fttx / Hathway
Hello folks,

Please go through the below mentioned letter that I've lodged with BSNL/kolkata today, does any of you have similar experieces?

15-July-2011
To,

The Commercial Officer
Calcutta Telephones
Block-DE, Sec-1, Bidhannagar,
Kolkata – 700064.

Ref: FREE MODEM w.r.t annual ULD 1350 plan which was activated on my telephone xxxx from 1-july-2011.

Dear Sir,

I would like to bring into your kind notice that I’ve not received the free modem with respect to the above mentioned plan that was availed on my telephone. I’ve complained many times to your department but the excuse that I’ve got in return that the modem is only given to new customers. Sir, I would like to bring into your notice the below piece from your website that publishes tariff and terms (URL:.:COMBO BB Unlimited:. ) :

Kindly refer column BBG Combo ULD 1350, it provides two benefits,
(a) Annual discounted price of Rs 13,500/-
(b) Committed period for FREE model: 12 months.

In the terms mentioned in the footer it clearly mentions, “**The modem shall be given FREE if the customer commits for the period as shown and pays the necessary charges in advance. In that case, customer will then own the modem and will not be required to return the modem after the end of the committed period”

Thus legally I’m entitled to both the benefits as I’ve availed the annual plan and am paying you’re the annual charge of Rs 13,500/-. The very fact that your department is denying me the right which I’m entitled to boils down to illegal malpractice. I would thus request you to kindly take this letter as a LEGAL NOTICE and avail me the modem within 7 working days or I’ll have no options than to resort legal means.

It’s a shame & regret that Calcutta Telephones treats its old loyal customers like this, no respect for customers will only take your organization south wards amid the fierce competition the private sector is giving in the present scenario.

Regretfully yours,

In Kolkata the online complaint is a no go doesn't solve issues

The complaint made in the site given, does not go to BSNL Calcutta .
This is an ALLINDIA web site, and usually action is taken.
Instead of user calling CC, ( particular circle ) they will call you enquiring about the
problem !
Of course nothing can be predicted in Kolkata, ( not only about BSNL !)
in general !!

In Kolkata the online complaint is a no go doesn't solve issues

Get the cellphone number of the person in the broadband department of your area's exchange. Call him up, he will solve the problem. I do the same thing. Hehe.

Update: I got three calls yesterday asking me why am i raising a docket everydy, is my line okay, first two calls I said yes line seems to me now fine but...*bang* before I could talk about the modem issue they hung up the call. Then my connection also started behaving bad, and from 3.5mbps speed for which I so fought since so many days it again went down to mere .10 to .50 Mbps with frequent blackout and very high ping times. So came the 3rd call, this time I said my connection is slow from today, so the suggestion I got was wait till tomorrow and see, before he could hang up on me i quickly jumped and said I got anothe issue that I've not received the free modem for the committed plan period, he then checked something and said he will get back. After few minutes I get a SMS that my line was restored and that call was closed.In summary, BSNL is now duping customers, the think tat customers are stupid and does not know anything, most importantly they don't lend a ear to the people that give them their bread. I'm getting more frustrated by the passing day and wanna try the Airtel way.----------Just launched another complaint for the speed, this being the last, I'll give up on the arrogant people if it's still unresolved post this.

Update: I got three calls yesterday asking me why am i raising a docket everydy, is my line okay, first two calls I said yes line seems to me now fine but...*bang* before I could talk about the modem issue they hung up the call. Then my connection also started behaving bad, and from 3.5mbps speed for which I so fought since so many days it again went down to mere .10 to .50 Mbps with frequent blackout and very high ping times. So came the 3rd call, this time I said my connection is slow from today, so the suggestion I got was wait till tomorrow and see, before he could hang up on me i quickly jumped and said I got anothe issue that I've not received the free modem for the committed plan period, he then checked something and said he will get back. After few minutes I get a SMS that my line was restored and that call was closed.In summary, BSNL is now duping customers, the think tat customers are stupid and does not know anything, most importantly they don't lend a ear to the people that give them their bread. I'm getting more frustrated by the passing day and wanna try the Airtel way.----------Just launched another complaint for the speed, this being the last, I'll give up on the arrogant people if it's still unresolved post this.

If you prefer not to send an ONLINE complaint as suggested,
and give feedback or get some relief,you can change over to other ISP's.

Aha, those 3 calls I pressume was a result of online complaint, even today the complaint I lodged is online only with the link that you provided. 🙂

So here is my update, I got few calls asking if my line was okay, now that it is okay I replied yes line is okay, then they dont bother to ask about the modem issue and hang up. Even I've lost patience to confront them for the modem, now that the line is working and Airtel has no better plans, modem or not I dont have another option at the same value. But the day I get a better option, I'm the 1st to switch.

So here is my update, I got few calls asking if my line was okay,
now that it is okay I replied yes line is okay,
then they dont bother to ask about the modem issue and hang up.
Even I've lost patience to confront them for the modem, now that the line is working
and Airtel has no better plans, modem or not I dont have another option at the same value.
But the day I get a better option, I'm the 1st to switch.

annual ULD 1350 plan which was activated on my telephone xxxx from 1-July-2011.

Make another complaint quoting the bill number with Date for issue of free modem.
AFTER you get JULY 2011 bill.
Are you using a modem/router supplied by BSNL now ?
In the first or second bill were you charged Security deposit
if the modem was on rental basis ?
or purchased outright. ( type 1 or type II etc )

What is the break up for BB usage in JUNE bill ? (modem rent ???)

Feedback.

M