BSNL DataOne UT-300R2U Modem or Router?

• Thread starter Thread starter sush123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 28,173

sush123

Hi,I need to get a dial up connected and thought could use the modem I purchased from BSNL (UT-300R2U). Someone told me this is not a modem but a router and so cannot be used for a dialup connection.Please help explain whether this is actually a modem or a router.

UT 300R2U is known as a Router ( source ). But it connects
to the internet without another modem . we can configure
it in Bridge mode to connect ... ( same as UT 300R2 -> http://www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/mdm02.html )

its a modem/router combo..it can be used as an ADSL modem as well by disabling routing fuctionality by configuring bridge mode on it..see this tut. for configuring bridge mode

Hi,I have a UT-300R2U ADSL router. Now, i have bought and Linksys Wireless-G Broadband router, to take advantage of wireless Connectivity at home. my problem is that, it seems that UT-300R2U itself is the DSL modem and router. how to disable the router functionality of UT-300R2U. i want Linksys wireless broadband router to provide that functionality, by connecting Linksys to UT3002R2U. which protocol should i use to connect to UT-300R2U and by pass the router functinality of UT-300R2U.Any detailed instruuctions available to resolve this issue? Regards,Vijay

Change ur UT300R2u to bridge mode, configure ur router for ppoe and put in ur isp id & pwd there. Voilla! For details on how to search this forum.

Hi,i have a broadband connection 500 plan my modem is billion bp5200s connection type is dialup connection.i want to change my dialupconnection to automatic connection because i have 8 port switch i want to share the connection more than 2 system please help how to configure

members/thechetan-com/
Please read the thread from Post No 1. Like "Antakshri" please don't take the thread title or last post. Some new members/ usually revive an old thread for a similar problem. or raise a new query.
member/rajeshtrk_247/ 4th posting here on 18th dec 2007 ! No response till now here , about his modem !
my modem is billion bp5200s