BSNL DataOne Slow?

Originally posted by NarahariBabu@May 9 2005, 11:37 PM
hi kiran,

where are you checking you speeds. They seem to be abnormal. BTW better option would be to download a file and clock the download.

cheers
[snapback]9075[/snapback]
[/quote]

i used the dslreports site..
and that gave me the result...
what clock r u refering to Mr Babu

oops, kiran, you're a she? i got the name wrong, then maybe the "cute" part is wrong too! hehe, no, just kidding...

try http://whisper.cs.utk.edu:7123/ i get accurate speed reports off this place (java applet)

you should really get some of your techie friends to help you out with this, im sure theres some cabling/modem connection problems... bsnl is not that bad... maybe your phone line is bad, ask them to test it or something...

Originally posted by Sushubh@May 9 2005, 07:04 AM
either they will continue with the scheme or the country is going into hell.

i can only expect airtel to come out with better packages if bsnl continues with unlimited downloads for 500 bucks at 256... 😕
[snapback]9041[/snapback]
[/quote]

if ppl are willing to sacrifice a bit and close down all their connections with bsnl, post 30th june, you can be rest assured that they will continue with the same. they are not incurring a loss now... and they can easily stick with the same. also the pricing structure leaves one amazed.. if they had offered the 1mbps at say rs.1500 they would have had many subscribers for that too... we have been taken for a ride for too long... high time we showed them that we are their paymasters...

See the world is competitive..........if others are willing to reduce rates then BSNL will do so else if all collectively keep a higher rate then what can u do. I mean that IF Rs 500 is high for 1 Gb.

Smart guys or rather over smart guys. 🙁

Originally posted by pupudada@May 11 2005, 10:50 AM
vsnl has already increased it's rates for 20 hours from rs.500 to rs.600 something 🙁
[snapback]9163[/snapback]
[/quote]
whats this about .. i didnt understand that..
what rates r u talking about..

Originally posted by cutekiran_jnc@May 12 2005, 11:20 PM
whats this about .. i didnt understand that..
what rates r u talking about..
[snapback]9242[/snapback]
[/quote]

vsnl 512kbps broadband rates i mean 😛

How about using the softwares like Netpersec or DU meter to chek the speeds, i chek my speeds with that, and it gives me pretty accurate results. 🙂

well heres what the updtae i got...
so far so good...
Tried this link http://whisper.cs.utk.edu:7123/ which mr Babu had given and and the upload speed gives me as 23kbps.. and the download speed as of now is 209kbps...
well the reason i guess it was dying out before on the DSL speed coz of the great Trojan Virus running around all over my computer.. and thanks for the Mr Vishal Rao for the AVG software.. that detected it... so can say that so far so good..
but tell me this . am i the only one facing this problem in gmail or any other sites in loading the snaps.. even a 1.2MB snap in gmail is not loading and even in yahoo photos.. any idea y its happening.. or is it again problem with the server.. ??? 🙂

You're welcome! Good to hear AVG found a trojan, keep using it and keep it updated! Also remember to occasionally run some of those spyware scanners...A 1.2mb snap should take about 1 or 2 full minutes to show up and that too if you're not running some other downloads somewhere else... I sometimes get slow access to gmail and other websites on my 512k line but usually its fine...If you have WindowsXP check if you have "auto update" feature turned on... you can set it so that it just notifies you and you can download and update when you are ready... no surprises...

By the ways, speaking of Trojans etc, my one PC ( running on Win 98 SE ) is infected with half a dozen Worms/Virus' all linked to each other ( falling under same family I guess ), namely Puta, Alevir, Scrsvr, brasil, speedy etc etc. I keep deleting them from the DIrectory and Registry but they keep comming back. They come back even after I have AVG latest updated. I have found some solutions which I shall run on monday but was wondering what is a long term solution. They entered into my office staff PC as expected by me when I connected thru Reliance ( wireless land line ) dial up just before I got my Broadband out there connected in the intermediary period. My fault that I used Reliance even though I knew there is this problem with it.

i am sooooooooooooo happy " nazar na lage mere dsl connection speed ko.." lol... but its doing great... 220kbps... wonderful.... can infact setup a VPN and working on it toooooo but still i will say i dont love BSNL