BSNL DataOne: "NIGHT UNLIMITED" FOR ALL CONCERNED...imp

• Thread starter Thread starter saurav_wow
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 23,517

saurav_wow

ISP
BSNL HOME 500 NU
i dont know if this is posted....but for all night unlimited users...pls start ur downloads at 2:08 am instead of 2:00 am sharp..as...from inspecting service records from bsnl portal...i found out that if u start download at 2:00 am local time..it is being registered 1:52 am in the bsnl server...so u will be charged for that 8 mins gap...i have checked again and again..ps: dont think that my local time is erroneous...EDIT:as of now i find no major difference between local time and server time...so be carefullany comments will be gladly expectedthank uADDitional info: also i found out that if r using net before 2 am and continue using for the unlimited period..u will be charged more..so log out just before 2 am and login again after 2 am..to be safe..it works like this..if u logged in at suppose 1:55 am and logged out at 8 am sharp...and ur data transfer is supposefrom 1:55-2:00 - 1MB (regular browsing)from 2:00-8-00 - 2000 MB(downloads,torrents etc,)total 365 mins - 2001 MBchargable downloads will be 2001 MB/365min *5min, i.e: 27 MB, finstead of 1 MB as many of us think..free downloads :1974 MB instead of 2000 MBso be carefull

I think most of the BSNL/MTNL NU users have synced their PC's time according to MTNL/BSNL times, which are usually 10 -15 mins ahead of IST. You can do this by using your connection for a short session, noting the time in your PC clock, looking up the corresponding session in BSNL/MTNL session history, and adjusting the time difference.

what the hell ?? Even their servers are not having proper time ? Have they heard of ntp anytime ? this is plain stupid .

yeah. the irony...someone should file a lawsuit against them for not following the IST correctly.

they do it with a purpose...with the pupose to screw the customers if they're not careful 😀

its being done from long time.People download at 2 & charged for full time

this is to inform that bsnl has adjusted its server time to IST(atleast at my place)u may wanna check ur usage if u were downloading according to earlier server time.i got a shock this morning when i found out that bsnl has corrected its time,and due to that i had downloaded extra 90mb above the NU quota..thanks

now bsnl is gonna ALTERNATE their server times RANDOMLY!!! so that they can collect maximum revenue!! like on monday, their time will be IST+20mins, but on next monday it will be IST-20mins cool way. they have creative and innovative employees!😛

i have disabled the automatic synchronize time from DATE and TIME Properties.today i disconnect at 2 07 AM and on portal it shows at 2 14 AM . 7 mins ahead then yesterday . :madness:

:rofl: mabe u guys should consider running a small script everyday like to get there server time as someone posted by telneting to there server...or hack into BSNL server & disable date command.. 😗 :hysterical: :hysterical:

if you telnet into different IPs u will get the different time .:madness:telnet 10.240.43.216 13 Tue Sep 11 07:37:52 2007telnet 10.240.89.199 13Tue Sep 11 07:43:25 2007ab kya karein 🙁

BSNL has corrected its server timings.... from today.... 11 September

well... so mates.... who end their downloading at 8:04am...plz interrupt it right at 7:59am...

n u can start downloading at 2:02am.... but it will be safe if u start at 2:05am afterwards