BSNL DataOne: "NIGHT UNLIMITED" FOR ALL CONCERNED...imp

• Thread starter Thread starter saurav_wow
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 23,533
BSNL has corrected its server timings.... from today.... 11 September

well... so mates.... who end their downloading at 8:04am...plz interrupt it right at 7:59am...

n u can start downloading at 2:02am.... but it will be safe if u start at 2:05am afterwards

thanks man, i always switch OFF at 8:03 am so i checked my usage thank god only 10MB gone🙂

any one here have Bsnl's NTP server info ?.. 10.240.43.216 and 10.240.89.199 is not NTP servers. who knows they are with sync with bsnl's NTP server or not.

so dont trust on time other than the timeserver and the main thing is that we have to know the server serving the database for usage get sync. with the NTP server or not .

what you guys can do is, connect at 3:30am instead of 2am and disconnect at 6:30am instead of 8 😀

I totally subscribe to the views of dragonball, better be on the safe side and consecrate 30 minitues to the god of fire (BSNL). Afterall most of the stuff lost in the limelight wont pinch that much.

what i do is,just note the local time u log in and log out(in normal usage)every dayand compare it with server timeand schedule accordingly with atleast 5 min buffer to be on safe side..

u can also do the following as an extreme measure: logon at around 4am and logoff at around 5:30am 😀 😉

what you guys can do is, connect at 3:30am instead of 2am and disconnect at 6:30am instead of 8 😀

if it is 1: 30 hr. lag so you can use it 3:30 to 9:30 ( Isn't it ?..🙂

yeah, but to be on safer side, consider what if BSNL lags its server(switches time backwards) at logon time(2am) and switches ahead their servers at logoff time...then...they are creative and innovative..remember?!:ashamed:

i really hope someone take them to court or trai or tdsat or whatever for not following IST when implementing time based packages... it really sucks to be using their services...

yeah, but to be on safer side, consider what if BSNL lags its server(switches time backwards) at logon time(2am) and switches ahead their servers at logoff time...then...they are creative and innovative..remember?!:ashamed:

yeah ..may be they are using some script/cron to do it.

Type the following in RUN window
telnet 10.240.240.195 13

u will get the sever time
I got the message "connection to host lost"

Telnetting to any of the servers won't help much; this morning I checked the server time across 6 servers (in about a second using a small program) and then disconnected. a) All the servers reported a different time, with the largest difference being about 4 minutes.b) The closest time reported was 2 minutes behind the time recorded by BSNL.c) The time recorded by BSNL was about 3 minutes behind IST.Hooray!The IPs I tried are a subset of the IPs you can check your usage from. Even if I try all the IPs, I don't think the time on any of these servers is relevant. We need the time on the server that's authenticating or actually keeping the records.In some PPPoE logs I saw 59.92.163.229 and the gateway 59.92.160.1, but I didn't really figure out what these IPs are and unfortunately they do not run any time services (telnetting to port 13 will give you nothing but a "could not open connection" message)So...1) Does anyone out here have a better idea of how this works and maybe knows the address of a server which is actually responsible for keeping the time? 2) Would a social solution work for you guys? Basically a site where users can submit their latest "timecheck". Post the real time and the time reported by BSNL. You should be using NTP yourself and should update your system time before connecting / disconnecting.People can either trust the lag you reported if recent enough or do it themselves and post their results. Of course there will be a +- 10 second error, and there is always human error 🙁 The site would display the most recent posts. We could either create a site separately for this our even start a simple thread here (a Jaiki microblog might be perfect). I don't really like this idea for obvious reasons, and while it is possible to simplify the process of "submitting your time" via a small program (probably an extension to DataFox), it would still require your participation - and you must disconnect for a record 🙁Thoughts?Brian.