BSNL DataOne MultiUser Hardware Setup Diagram

• Thread starter Thread starter agnivo007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 30,128
Originally posted by agnivo007@May 22 2005, 02:38 PM
Santanu, :lol:

Is multi-NAT available with DataOne home plans? If possible, then how can one configure on ADSL Router ?
[snapback]9845[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't think so but BSNL does not clearly speak of Multi-NAT for business users either. But the Business 1200 plan specifically mentions it is single user whereas the other three business plans mention multi-user. BSNL FAQ includes a writeup on contention ratio, as I checked up now. Also from their FAQ, it seems that business plans have better contention ratio. As for the difference between home and business plans, their FAQ says -

"What is the difference between DataOne home and DataOne business?

Both of these connections offer high speed Internet access respectively for home and office environment. In DataOne for business connecting more than one computer may be allowed along with other possible features like extra email addresses, domain name, web hosting space as and when introduced. "

Not very enlightening though. As for b0bee's problem, I think it is best to ask the BSNL tech guys as none of their writeups abt various plans clarify the issue.

Anyway, check the attached .doc file from BSNL which discusses speed related issues in ADSL.

I read the BSNL document on speed issues. They have provided lots of "technical excuses" for not having the desired speeds. I think they just want to keep these excuses handy in case anyone complains of not getting the advertised speed and files a case in the consumer court. Going by the document, it sounds that we are incredibly lucky that we are getting anywhere near the advertised speed. As the document says - "TCP and PPPoE will have overhead bytes which can vary from 5% to 25%, So you can expect up to 25% of your purchased speed at least when counting application data transfer rate. Making up a rule of thumb here: Given a broadband line speed, dividing by 8 and taking off 15% is a reasonable estimate of the maximum likely data download speeds (in bytes of data) you will manage to get." :wacko:

And I'm getting 45-98KBps sometimes!!! (conn.=32KBps) :wacko: Hope this remains forever...even after they add a large no. of customers. :lol:3 cheers for Calcutta Telephones (till date !) 😛h34r: "Transform your Copperline to Goldmine!" - do u remember, santanu ?? :lol:They have kept their promise in kolkata. Let's see what the do for the whole country ! And they are poor documentors as well !! :lol:And good research work, fellow !!!

🙄 I have purchased a D-Link USB router. Will surrender the UTStar Modem to BSNL. Speed some time go beyond 220KBPS and then comes down to 26KBPS.

Originally posted by b0bee@May 21 2005, 01:05 AM
ok As Hulo pointed out that poster happens to be me ..

I have 2pcs at home and one mac and one wifi access point

I got a 2mbit plan and BSNL people gave me 880 modem

I connected the modem to the splitter etc etc and then using a normal ethernet cable ( not a crossover cable as mentioned here ) I connected it to a switch ( 6 Port Hub). After that I did the settings in the modem and set it as pure bridge.
and then from the 2 pcs .. I setup a PPaoe Dialer .. and connected my both PCs with independent ips no problem.. them from my mac running tiger I did the same and finally from the airport express also too.

Finally I had 4 ips from bsnl.. alll at the same time

Everything was running smoothly without any breaks
but one fineday I saw only one of my pc is connected to net and rest all are not working

I tried everything after that but all in vain
now I have connected the modem to airport express and set the airport as dns provide .. which is serving private ips to 3 computers..
I know there is not much of a difference between the private ip and public ip for daily use

but think of a scenario where you need a port on all three pcs..
suppose I use ftp on all 3 and for to connect to a remote server I need ident server which runs on port 113

from the airport ... portforwarding utility I can only forward port 113 to one private ip only not all..
so this is why I was looking for 3 public ips..

Also BSNL says the business class is mulituser enabled whereas the home plans are not
what does they mean by it

as is shown in this .. anyone can connect as many computers as they want on home plan

I thought only difference was that multiuser plan will have multi public ips

but thats not working for me anymore..
anyone here has any clue.. ? here

but please dont tell me again that I am confused
if i am doing something wrong let me know
that will be of better help
Thanks
[snapback]9728[/snapback]
[/quote]

After reading this paragraph...i feel like banging my head against the wall ( dont worry i did not bang 😛 ) bcz it seems this world is moving too fast as i could hardly understand a single word... 😛h34r: 😛h34r: 😛h34r:

anyways "sab upar se nikal gaya"

Originally posted by sunandoghosh@May 27 2005, 03:59 PM
After reading this paragraph...i feel like banging my head against the wall ( dont worry i did not bang  😛 )    bcz it seems this world is moving too fast as i could hardly understand a single word... 😛h34r:  😛h34r:  😛h34r:

anyways "sab upar se nikal gaya"
[snapback]10339[/snapback]
[/quote]

Lol I checked back this post to see if anyone has replied to my problem.
but got your message
and it made me laugh
LOL

🙂

Hello

thanks for that wonderful information of Installtion of Mulit User...
Can You please tell me about Home Plan 500/- i want to get it but they are not able to tell me if it will work with LAN or not at present i am using BSNl Basic Phone on Lan I have D-Link Switch (DES-1008+) recently buyed......can you help me like you have helped for the multi user........and please tell me also may i go for any other modem or use what they are providing!! (BSNL)
i am planing to run a Cafe on it!! so please tell me about it!

Thank You

I have a D-Link DE-809TC Hub will it work with GLB-502T ADSL2+Router for sharing DataOne connection with 4 PCs.I want to make my connection work in such a way that when any one PC is turned on it is automatically connected to the internet - no need to dial (connect).Eg. When all my PC's are turned off I plug-in the LAN cable into my Laptop turn it on and start using the net.

QUOTE(Jaspal @ Jun 18 2005, 04:08 PM) [snapback]13129[/snapback]
Hello

thanks for that wonderful information of Installtion of Mulit User...
Can You please tell me about Home Plan 500/- i want to get it but they are not able to tell me if it will work with LAN or not at present i am using BSNl Basic Phone on Lan I have D-Link Switch (DES-1008+) recently buyed......can you help me like you have helped for the multi user........and please tell me also may i go for any other modem or use what they are providing!! (BSNL)
i am planing to run a Cafe on it!! so please tell me about it!

Thank You[/b]

You will end up paying more if you opt for such a package for you cafe. Dont forget you get 2 mega bytes per second speed, so people will get carried away and start downloading stuff, and before you known it, you will end up with bill touch few 10's thousand. They have announced unlimited 500 plan for offices. Try that.

Nice diagram 1 can same be applied to other broadband connection like tata indicom..... what will be the lan settings?2 whats the use of the splitter?

QUOTE(krishnan @ Mar 29 2007, 07:44 PM) [snapback]85306[/snapback]
You will end up paying more if you opt for such a package for you cafe. Dont forget you get 2 mega bytes per second speed, so people will get carried away and start downloading stuff, and before you known it, you will end up with bill touch few 10's thousand. They have announced unlimited 500 plan for offices. Try that.[/b]

Also if memory serves in those the 500 plan was the unlimited plan so he was perfect in his plan. 🙂