BSNL DataOne: I am here to help

• Thread starter Thread starter kambui
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 523
  • Views Views 131,534
Status
Not open for further replies.
heh @pupudada !!I approached these guys and they say plzz co-operate for 5-10 dayz as its technical difficulty... god m doomed !!plzz help if u can check this netmetre s/w and let me know if it monitors the service correctly...loads of thanks !!

Since I am on an unlimited plan, my dataflow is not metered.. hence it will be impossible for me to check that software, but here is a idea.. just download any software whose size you know, using netwear.. and see if the same size is recorded properly or not.. if the software also adds up the data flowing out at the same time, please allow a very small amount for the acknowledgment packets. Hope this helps.. btw I shall be getting my bsnl connection in a few days and than shall be able to help you in these problems.. till then please bear with me 🙂

please help me understand my billing details.i have home500 plan which just avtivated on 22nd dec 2007.today when i check my account usage it shows this from 22-31dec 2007
consolidated usage .
Total Data Transfer(In KB) Total Amount(In Rupees)
3281060 2883

i checked detailed usage & found out that i have been billed for every up/dl in this time including between 2-8am free night usage(example:--)

Start Time Stop Time Total(KB) Amount(Paise)
02:08:46 02:16:13 865 76
03:54:09 04:09:09 164896 14492
12:06:02 12:12:30 1394 122
what should i do?my account shows no total night time usage between 2-8am.even if they billed me for that i still got 2.5gb limit for Rs500.then how could my bill is showing this much.the total data transfer is approx. same as i expected & majority of this is done between 2:10-5:00am in night.i always connect bsnl at 2:08am & disconnect at 5:00am so no overlapping with charged time.

The internet works only from the main telephone line . i hav 4 other phones connected from this line(including a cordless phone and excluding the main line hnoe instrument) . i hav to disconnect all the 4 instruments for the net to work properly . if not my net never connects or if it does my signal attenuation rate is pretty high . Is there any provision for me to use the net and all the instruments simultaneously without any problem?

^ splitters are suggested for each phone instrument . one
splitter at the main phone line is a must . it separates the
broadband signals and the phone voice signals .

Thanx. But i do have a ADSL splitter connected to the main line. Can i request the technical center to make a few changes in line parameters(like changes in line inductance) because in due course i will be adding a VOIP phone and a wireless(WI-FI) set point to my modem!😗. My modem is Huawei MT841.
Also hope i am not going beyond the line capabilities. Cause the technical center here had once complained of some device malfunction there due to simultaneous use of cordless phone and internet. I am on the look out for possible solution here cause i am not getting the right response from NIB.

The modem properties is as follows:

ADSL State-Show Time
Data Path-Fast
Operation Mode-G.Dmt.BisPlus
Bandwidth Up/Down(Kbit/sec)-255/2047
SNR Up/Down-28.6 dB/33.5 dB
CRC Up/Down-0/0
FEC Up/Down-0/0
HEC Up/Down-19.0 dB /48.0 dB

* The attenuation goes upto 24.0/52 dB when all the phone lines are connected.

^ BSNL doesn't support the use of parallel phones on the same
phone line . & you have to use a image hosting site { e.g. http://imageshack.us }
to upload your images and give their links here .

^ you can safely use a VoIP phone . MT841 itself is a wi-fi router
and you may not need a separate wireless access point for it !

you can use wi-fi add on card for MT841 to get wi-fi internet on
a Laptop . (get it from BSNL/market if you don't have it in MT841)

A separate splitter is suggested for each phone and BSNL doesn't
provide extra splitters . you may try for them in market / on net .

First of all, the data transfer shown by you exceeds 2.5gb. Also do not let your connection start before the NU time and do not let it cross over after the NU time, since you will then be charged for the date that has been transfered beyond these periods on a pre-rata basis of the total data transfered during that period.. The entire billing data, noted from the portal and sent as a CSV (comma separated value) text file might help me analyse your problems 🙂

Edit: Ouch this answer was for the link mentioned below.. since it was at the end of the page, i hit the reply button Grrr..

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-dataone-broadband/3098-bsnl-dataone-i-am-here-help/50/#post147266

hi am anil recently i got bsnl dataone broadband connection wid 500c plan...as am using it from past 2 days... i did got to see any billin details in my user account... is dere any solution i might have used 300mb in day time.. why its not displaying my account details? 🙁

heh guys...

me also having almost similar problem. when i logon to to portal website then it shows me usage till 1jan only

Hii,

I am a new user with H500C plan and as new users are being given portal id no to check usage so is me !!

but while i open data.bsnl.in
or
http://p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/

it shows usage only till 1st jan 2008

so plzz tell if its normal means will update tat slow or some problem

Hello sir, Im newly joined member and just got my bsnl broadband 250home plan. wat i want to ask is, in my town some guys have got their accounts "patched" by the bsnl guy in an illegal manner making it a "roaming account". whereby they can access their account from any computer with a bsnl BB connection...i want to use my home account at my office occasionally... i still havnt approached the guy...the guy is not very friendly can u tell me how he does it and whether i can do it on my end itself? thanks in advance,Kalyan

Status
Not open for further replies.