BSNL DataOne: I am here to help

• Thread starter Thread starter kambui
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 523
  • Views Views 131,555
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys, I am from Bangalore. My broadband connection was working fine till yesterday, but from yesterday night it shows no sign of connection. I called up the BSNL cutomer care and they say that the server in my exchange is down and they are working on it. Did anyone face this problem before. If u guys did please let me know what was the exact problem and within how many days was the problem solved.

^ in general , reviving of a server can take about 6 to 12
hours . in rare cases , it takes more than 36 hours ...

when i was in bangalore, i sometimes got downtime in the 2 yrs that i was there, and the standard answer was "server is down, working on it" 🙂 but the connection would be up in a few hours... once it took 2-3 days but it was back up

Hey guys, Thanks for the response. I just wanted to know one more thing. I am using skype through the BSNL broad band i have an unlimited 900 plan whose speed is 256 KBPS... i find it very annoying to hold conference calls or VDO chats through skype. I believe the slow speed is the reason do u guys know of any way we can tweak skype in order to provide the best result.... please do let me know

Posted a query at https://broadband.forum/bsnl-dataone-broadband/20067-link-light-blinks-green-then-turns-off-status-link-down/3/#post141686
placed it here too so that it gets more exposure

MT882 and UL900 plan at Nellore, AP

I have reset the modem so auto dial is presently not configured and i connect by dialing from windows

Here is how it goes

Turn on the modem, green light starts blinking after about half a minute and then gets steady, but sometimes it goes off after a few seconds and then the blink to steady process repeats

sometimes its steady and i can use the net for hours but sometimes only for a few minutes and sometimes it goes on and off every few seconds

i have not observed any pattern in this, it happens any time of the day

there is something else which adds to the problem, the modem behaves like it has been turned on and off except that the power light stay always on and the on/off procedure is executed. (as if i have just turned on the modem, but the power light never goes off)
any stetting changes stay intact so this is not the reset procedure

here is the summary when it connects

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3293/summaryet3.png

and here is a print of ipconfig

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8675/ipconfighf4.png

i have configured the ip settings manually and set the DNS servers on the PC to open DNS

all modem settings are factory defaults

and btw thr is a lot of disturbance in the phone line but this too happens only sometimes not always

has someone experienced this before?🙁

^ one of the experienced members will be guiding you in
solving this problem . However I find that your phone line
needs to be checked & a replacement may be required by
BSNL people . Please put a complaint in writing to the CO
or any other higher official at your exchange . BSNL may
also change the concerned port of your connection (if it
is possible) which can solve your problem .

hey guys i got a siemens c2110 modem installed...i reseted my modem to factory default settings...can you guys help me setting it up...plz...

@rishabh:

BROADBAND MAIN MENU
select PVC 0 35 your ID without @ dataone Password
other entries as given in above web site for any modem
You should always make screenshots of a working modem, before resetting it.
Post the first page of your modem if possible.
If there is a diagnostics or DSL status page ,give details if unsuccessful.

Para two : open TinyPic - Share the Experience!™ In Search type DATAONE. or BEETEL I have given number of screen shots for other modems.
example : http://i23.tinypic.com/oidiro.jpg

@rishabh . Hope now you are connected to Internet..please do me a favour. how did you access the modem page ? what is the ID and password. / ? Thanks.

username---adminpassword----adminhey guys i tried the settings but no luck...also i used another modem(borrowed it from a friend) changed the password and id but its not working...m using a laptop to connectshould i post the screen shots of all the pages?

@rishabh subject : siemens c2110 adsl modem.Try your BSNL ID in full and password. (do not reset the modem again, as long your internet connection is OK ). Just the first page and if possible second page will do. Just trying to find, any similarity with BT Voyager.

Status
Not open for further replies.