BSNL DataOne: I am here to help

• Thread starter Thread starter kambui
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 523
  • Views Views 131,549
Status
Not open for further replies.
dxer, if your speed is not upto 256k its highly likely the site at the other end doesnt send out data fast enough... to maximise your use of your bandwidth, do multiple downloads at a time hehe (like browsing, online radio and torrents etc all at the same time...)i have 512kbps (64kBps) and i sometimes get just 300kbps, and only if i download multiple stuff (say videos off channel9.msdn.com) then i get the full speed... but i do this only during the NU time, for normal usage i prefer if im not maxing out the speed hehe

Why are you planning on failing? You will do well! 😀

Originally posted by kambui@Jan 2 2006, 11:51 PM
Guys i won't be available for sometime from 7th to 22nd of jan
MY Exams r starting although I am planing to fail still can't post .
HAPPY NEW YEAR
& wish me luck
[snapback]38101[/snapback]
[/quote]

'Planning' to fail? :lol: Good Luck dude!

Hi,I have a Type IV Modem - MT841. I have configured the Lan - Ethernet (all 4 ports work) as well as the USB port and they work fine. However, I am not able to connect on to the WLAN using the Wireless connection on my Laptop. Do you know what hoops I need to go through to set up the Wireless connection?Thanks!

I want to confirm that BSNL still giving 02:00 AM - 08:00 AM unlimited in the Rs 500 & above plans. Means this will not be counted in my 1GB download limit. Btw, i have listened that many BSNL broadband customers getting wrong bill because the usage shown on the website also includes the data transfer between 02-08:00 Am.Please through some light on this.....how much this is true.

Hello,

I've BSNL broadband(HOME 500 plan) and I purchased type IV modem(Huawei SmartAX MT841) with it. It has wireless card. When I power on my modem, WLAN signal shows me green. I'm able to connect to my modem using wireless. my ping to modem IP address works correctly. However, I'm not able to access internet using wireless card on my laptop. So wireless access works only within my lan. With the same laptop, I'm able to connect to internet using cable.
Do I need any additional setup to access internet using wireless ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Insert the wireless card into the modem - not your laptop. That should work!

QUOTE(JustaUser @ Jun 30 2006, 09:37 PM) [snapback]54841[/snapback]

Hello,

I've BSNL broadband(HOME 500 plan) and I purchased type IV modem(Huawei SmartAX MT841) with it. It has wireless card. When I power on my modem, WLAN signal shows me green. I'm able to connect to my modem using wireless. my ping to modem IP address works correctly. However, I'm not able to access internet using wireless card on my laptop. So wireless access works only within my lan. With the same laptop, I'm able to connect to internet using cable.
Do I need any additional setup to access internet using wireless ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
[/b]

Hi! I have recently taken up the bsnl ul900 plan. Presently my config is this: XP n D-Link 502T modem.The guy came n installed the modem stuff and is working!! The prob is that it is getting disconnected very often like say 45mins. When i try to connect after that it doesnt and to get it connected i gotta swicth off n on the modem. And obviously bcoz of that i gotta start my dls again. Is there any other sol to this prob.

QUOTE(RBKool @ Jul 8 2006, 10:42 AM) [snapback]55314[/snapback]
Hi! I have recently taken up the bsnl ul900 plan. Presently my config is this: XP n D-Link 502T modem.
The guy came n installed the modem stuff and is working!! The prob is that it is getting disconnected very often like say 45mins. When i try to connect after that it doesnt and to get it connected i gotta swicth off n on the modem. And obviously bcoz of that i gotta start my dls again. Is there any other sol to this prob.
[/b]

In a way kind of problem I'm having but mine is worst!!!! :angry:

@ashras99 , only home 500 plan has night unlimited usage at present . 2 - 8 am usage should not be included in the charges . in case of any difficulty , contact the CO/Area Manager at your exchange .@rohanmthr , what are the other connections being shown ? give the names sothat someone will be able to suggest a solution .@RBKool & @gsgs , you are suggested to contact your local exchange & ask them to check your 1) phone cable for grounding/leaks and 2) broadband connection .

QUOTE(kambui @ Dec 16 2005, 04:06 PM) [snapback]36111[/snapback]
Well I really want to make Dataone section of this forum popular.

I can provide you all with any help .......Now y ask me? Answer: 1) I think I am the oldest in this connection 2nd Feb 05 ( there may be other but i don't know any)
2)I have dealt with 6 types of dataone connection ( even a @ 2MBPS one) thats why i have see all types of modem supplied by dataone.
3) I am a hardware professional ( bit of networking)
4)BUT above all I will stick to this connection in future 😀
Any new or old dataone users can contact me through this forum by posting and i will try to answer your queries.You can also PM me but i prefer posting because every one can see it then.

Please don't ask any illegal favours. I had some situation where users were asking me USER ID's and PASSword of other user.....PLZ DON"T do that!!!

I wonder why some one brought this topic forward........just post in a separate thread about any problems or queries

^ A separate thread is already available comparing different Broadbands .anyway , let me put my opinion here !when you compare BSNL Broadband with other ISPs , Dataone Broadband is not at the end of the ranks list .one can compare using technical & nontechnical factors .

Dear Friends,I have lost the CD provided me with my BSNL connection. How can I get the software to install BSNL Boardband connection in my PC again! I have modem Huawei QUIDWAY WA 1003a (sTERLITE).Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.