Bsnl Dataone Help!

• Thread starter Thread starter REY619
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,881

REY619

I want to apply for the bsnl BB, but i need help on certain points, i hope someone here will help!1. I have a motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem (internal), do i need to buy any other modem??2. On BSNl website, it is stated you need a 10/100 ethernet port and ADSL CPE. I want to know what are these two things? and how to connect them to the PC? Will the BSNL guys install them?3. Also If i go for Home UL 900 plus plan, how much i have to pay monthly, given i don not cross the download/upload limit?I hope someone will try to help! Thanx!

motorola SM56 Speakerphone modemnow i remember this modem... 😀

1. this modem SM56 will not work for Broadband . you can purchase ADSL modem either from market or from BSNL . or you can opt for rental of modem (Rs. 100 / month) 2. your PC should have a 10/100 ethernet port / onboard LAN port to connect to the Broadband . ADSL CPE consists of Modem , Splitter , connecting cables , power adaptor , modem drivers cd (if any) . BSNL installs it if you opt for it in your form .one can install it easily . 3. UL900 plus means that you will have no data limits . you have to pay Rs. 900 + modem rent (if on rental basis) + phone calls charges + 12.24% tax . * this UL900 plus may be applicable to only new users of BSNL having no BSNL phone . if you already own a BSNL phone , you may have to opt for UL 900 plan . in this plan phone rental is also charged . pls see post #7

if you get the whole package from BSNL............they will handle the installation and UL is for "unlimited" buddie........so dnt worry about the limit thingy 🙂 Go for it as its "amongst" the best.

Hey thanx! So if i assume, i dont have 10/100 ethernet port, no ADSL CPE and no modem etc. which is essential for the BB, then will the bsnl guys provide all the necessary things?And will they also install everything?

^ for ethernet/LAN port you have to purchase a network interface card from market . it is called simply the LAN card . install this on your computer . rest are provided by BSNL . and BSNL will install the broadband ADSL CPE on your system .---- -----thanks to avinds for the following correction . (post #7)

QUOTE(seshu @ Jul 8 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]55319[/snapback]
* this UL900 plus may be applicable to only new users of BSNL having no BSNL phone . if you already own a BSNL phone , you may have to opt for UL 900 plan . in this plan phone rental is also charged .
[/b]

hmmm...i think....i will tweak it a lil bit

*this UL900 plus may be applicable to only new users of BSNL Dataone having/or not having BSNL phone . if you already a dataone customer, you may have to opt for UL 900 plan . in this plan phone rental is also charged .

i had a BSNL phone before i took dataone...... and now i hav UL900 Plus...

but havent recieved the first bill....so i may be wrong

^ for ethernet/LAN port you have to purchase a network interface card from market . it is called simply the LAN card . install this on your computer . rest are provided by BSNL . and BSNL will install the broadband ADSL CPE on your system .
[/b]
so a LAN card is needed and the rest will be provided by BSNL! hmm thanx!

QUOTE(REY619 @ Jul 9 2006, 05:37 PM) [snapback]55421[/snapback]
so a LAN card is needed and the rest will be provided by BSNL! hmm thanx!
[/b]

You will not require a LAN card if you have USB port on your PC. Choose a Modam model from BSNL with USB support.

^ yes USB modem can be used for the BSNL Broadband . however , I donot suggest it as in my observations LAN connection is better than the USB connection for BSNL Broadband .