BSNL DataOne Broadband: can i connect desktop and laptop using adsl router

• Thread starter Thread starter kuncheesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 21,102

kuncheesh

ISP
bsnl dataone
hi guys, i have a BSNL dataone connection with utstarcom wa3002-g1 modem. i have connected my PC to it thru wired Ethernet. i recently bought a new laptop (Inspiron 1420 with wifi). i can connect my lap with the modem via wireless and browse the internet....that goes fine my question is whether i can connect the laptop to the pc via the modem (which also claims to be a router) wirelessly upto the modem and then thru ethernet wire onto the pc to share files and printer ????? pls help me out here.........thx in advance

same problem here hehe any1 can help us but my laptop is HCL 😗

hi amlan..i was just searching the net............but couldnt find adequate number of probs of this type.....however will keep u updated

@kuncheesh
What is the search term you used in Google /Yahoo ?
one solution :
http://www.logmein.com/

2. Connecting two computers together using a crossover cable is the fastest and safest method of transfering your files and data from one computer to another via cable. Data transfer through a direct crossover cable connection between two computers cannot be intercepted like wireless signals can. If you have a lot of music, pictures or large files that you want to transfer to (or share with) another computer, then using a crossover cable is an excellent alternative to using floppy disks or cds. Using a crossover cable is the easiest and lowest cost method of home networking. Easily connect two computers together by means of a single crossover cable.

3.Connecting Two PCs Using a USB-USB Cable | Hardware Secrets

4.https://broadband.forum/airtel-broadband/17456-airtel-broadband-how-transfer-data-my-friend-lan/

5. How to configure Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP

6. Download Remote Thing 1.0 - Remote Control any pc anywhere in a fast, simple - soft82.com

at last sorted out the problem, heres the solution:in vista laptop i went tonetwork and sharing center>>Manage Network connections>>wireless network connection>>(right click)>>properties>>internet protocol version4>>properties>>Use the following DNS address>>(in box type the ip of ur router (mostly 192.168.1.1))its doneu may have to get ips of both pcs to connect them (in run type cmd then type ipconfig in dosprompt)sometimes u may have to change the ip of laptop also change it near to the pcs ip