• Thread starter kuncheesh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 20,979
K

kuncheesh

ISP
bsnl dataone
hi guys, i have a BSNL dataone connection with utstarcom wa3002-g1 modem. i have connected my PC to it thru wired Ethernet. i recently bought a new laptop (Inspiron 1420 with wifi). i can connect my lap with the modem via wireless and browse the internet....that goes fine my question is whether i can connect the laptop to the pc via the modem (which also claims to be a router) wirelessly upto the modem and then thru ethernet wire onto the pc to share files and printer ????? pls help me out here.........thx in advance

A

amlan_baidya

ISP
DATA(1)NE-2MBPS, BSNL BROADBAND-8MBPS, BSNL 3G UNLIMITED
same problem here hehe any1 can help us but my laptop is HCL :whistle:

K

kuncheesh

ISP
bsnl dataone
hi amlan..i was just searching the net............but couldnt find adequate number of probs of this type.....however will keep u updated

E

essbebe

ISP
BSNL
@kuncheesh
What is the search term you used in Google /Yahoo ?
one solution :
http://www.logmein.com/

2. Connecting two computers together using a crossover cable is the fastest and safest method of transfering your files and data from one computer to another via cable. Data transfer through a direct crossover cable connection between two computers cannot be intercepted like wireless signals can. If you have a lot of music, pictures or large files that you want to transfer to (or share with) another computer, then using a crossover cable is an excellent alternative to using floppy disks or cds. Using a crossover cable is the easiest and lowest cost method of home networking. Easily connect two computers together by means of a single crossover cable.

3.Connecting Two PCs Using a USB-USB Cable | Hardware Secrets

4.https://broadbandforum.co/airtel-broadband/17456-airtel-broadband-how-transfer-data-my-friend-lan/

5. How to configure Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP

6. Download Remote Thing 1.0 - Remote Control any pc anywhere in a fast, simple - soft82.com

K

kuncheesh

ISP
bsnl dataone
at last sorted out the problem, heres the solution:in vista laptop i went tonetwork and sharing center>>Manage Network connections>>wireless network connection>>(right click)>>properties>>internet protocol version4>>properties>>Use the following DNS address>>(in box type the ip of ur router (mostly 192.168.1.1))its doneu may have to get ips of both pcs to connect them (in run type cmd then type ipconfig in dosprompt)sometimes u may have to change the ip of laptop also change it near to the pcs ip

D

dataoneroxxx

ISP
Home1000
jus enable net sharin on desktop n wifi on both router n lappy thtz it