• Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,855

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I am moving to panchkula next month. I need net. The only options are Sify Broadband (sick), something called Glide (bad bad), Reliance/Tata Indicom and BSNL. Since I cannot live with 500 megs and their faulty night unlimited package, I thought of getting their 5K plan with 1 meg speed and 20 GB download. Anyone here using it... how is it?I plan to use something that can limit my download speeds to 128 kbps 😛 and try to stay in limits 😀

Originally posted by Sushubh@Oct 18 2005, 08:39 PM
I am moving to panchkula next month. I need net. The only options are Sify Broadband (sick), something called Glide (bad bad), Reliance/Tata Indicom and BSNL.
[snapback]28918[/snapback]
[/quote]

Did you check Airtel? Airtel is offering broadband in Chandigarh, so they must be offering in Pkl as well, you can check it anyway. Now Airtel broadband is available in all the big cities of Punjab; Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Jalandhar and may be Asr as well. HFCL Connect also offers broadband here.

yeah, they have reached most areas in chandigarh. but not yet in panchkula with the latest information available with me. i have waited for 10 months for that to happen. i would be switching over to airtel as soon as it reaches my home.or maybe i would rent a place to work near my home where airtel is available 🙂

Also, I forgot to tell you that Airtel has an introductory offer. They are giving free outgoing calls from Airtel landline to Airtel cellphones. Isnt that amazing, considering that most of the cellphones in Punjab are Airtel!That scheme is valid till December I guess. A friend of mine has landline under that plan and he pays a normal rent of 250 per month! They might not be offering this in all the telecom circles. They are doing this in Punjab because of a very stiff competition from Hutch which is now taking over Airtel's market share. So, Airtel wants to make the process slow by offering schemes like these.Panchkula will fall in Haryana though.*evil laugh*

well panchkula does comes under haryana but is practically considered as a town located on outskirts of chandigarh. i just hope airtel make similar progress with their landline services in panchkula as they are doing in chandigarh.

damn it. it does not look like they provide bsnl broadband in panchkula 😉