BSNL cuts broadband fee by up to 75%

• Thread starter Thread starter Raditz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 17,054
me too

No increase in speed( it being 4 years since 2mbps ) . well call unit increased to 500 from 250 earlier in Combo600(2mbps, 2.5Gb limit , night unlimited , i hv this plan)

In BSNL, for Combo 600 still it shows 250 free calls, not 500 free calls. Where did u see, pls post the link.

I remember once a song of Karishma kappor was banned/censored way back in 90's for the word 'sexy' and look now.....kanta laga😛😛😛

Kanta laga is old ab toh munni badnam hochuki ka aur sheila jawan!

It's this kind of spelling that makes it hard for me to learn Hindi outside of my course books and accent training 😛

LETS get back on topic,
BSNL cuts BB fee by upto 75%, to worsen its service/quality???

BSNL and MTNL are main culprits behind all this Broadband mess.😡

Any clue when we will truly be enjoying the "Broadband " the way its meant to be enjoyed in India ? Any hope of this happening in 2011 ?

did u hire by reliance ????? they are big chor company ....i am using BSNL from last 3-4 years .. there is no such major problem ...

did u hire by reliance ????? they are big chor company ....

i am using BSNL from last 3-4 years .. there is no such major problem ...

What do u call Airtel then? BSNL?? Very Sincere? OLD Aged people are running BSNL and MTNL thats is why its like that!😡

What do u call Airtel then? BSNL?? Very Sincere? OLD Aged people are running BSNL and MTNL thats is why its like that!😡

BSNL .. customer n technical service problem is there but they never loot the customer .. due to them broadband is become affordable for common man ...

For us Reliance is GOD at present Cos of their truly unlimited plans! Will change once wen hayai comes and Delivers its Good Service!

LETS get back on topic,
BSNL cuts BB fee by upto 75%, to worsen its service/quality???

Is that possible?

BSNL and MTNL are main culprits behind all this Broadband mess.😡

Any clue when we will truly be enjoying the "Broadband " the way its meant to be enjoyed in India ? Any hope of this happening in 2011 ?

Depends where in India you are.

Only 1 operater is providing truly broadband experience, i.e RELIANCE, even MTNL provides unlimited, but their quality as compared to RELIANCE sucks.

Ahhh, poor Sach92... thinking 1 or 2mbit/s is "true broadband" 🙂

Here our government is mandating minimum speeds of the new fiber network to be 100mbit/s down by roughly the same time as 2mbit/s becomes the mandated minimum in India... and we're just a tiny little 3rd world island.

Not only in wired connection but also in wifi field RELIANCE beats everyone, tata's, MTS MBLAZE, bsnl etc.[]

Really? From what I've read, the most complained about is Netconnect+, particularly when it comes to speed. For MTS most complaints center around billing and things like that, not speed (as much).

But i know still ISP's in INDIA are quite expensive as compared to US.
US ISP,COMCAST gives fastest connection at just $29 (RS 1310.8).

Really? Who gives you this information? I've never seen Comcast give anything for that price, except for special deals.

I just checked the price in some typical suburban address in New Jersey, and after the first 6 months, the price goes to $33 for their most basic connection (not much difference, I grant you, however that price is only valid if you already subscribe to their cable TV service, so you're already giving them $30 or more for that anyway). If you don't subscribe to Comcast Cable TV, that price after the special deal is $45 (and the minimum contract term is 12 months, with termination fees galore - just in case you think you could get out of it).

It pays to read the small print on these things.

When will we have good quality broadband & that also high speed at this rate.

I hate to say it, but probably never - unless most of India's content is moved from the US to India.

Did u see this forum, people r complaining about BSNL, like DNS issues, certain sites not opening, and what not.

But u r one lucky person if u r not having any major issues.

Says the person begging me to give him free wifi when his beloved Reliance goes down!

BSNL .. customer n technical service problem is there but they never loot the customer .. due to them broadband is become affordable for common man ...

I think the "affordable" is an illusion. 75% reduction = good, but still too much, especially for their common customer. They're still charging ~Rs200 more than it costs them per GB, and I can't honestly believe that this is even remotely close to what it costs them per GB to deliver. I'm confident that they could get away with another 75% reduction and still do well. It might encourage people to use more, too.

@sach92Take a deep breath and relax..You are acting like a flamebaiting fanboy(and you dont even own the connection)@mgPersonally the best broadband connection would be one where the speeds are approx. the same as my internal HDD speeds. Is that likely to be true in any country, in the future?(assuming no major tech. breakthroughs)

Ya, i know i am lover of RELIANCE, bcause currently only RELIANCE is active in the market for its truly unlimited plans.

Are you paying for the reliance service ?? if not then u cannot just go on ranting about it in every thread. I don't mean to be rude but it can get pretty ANNOYING most of the times.

Again, mg tryin to provoke.

U should look urself first MR CARLEY,
Its shame that u could not start ur service on time, and people are begging like DOGS here so that ur service start as soon as possible.
Ya, i know i am lover of RELIANCE, bcause currently only RELIANCE is active in the market for its truly unlimited plans.

U start ur service then i will be a lover of HAYAI.

I'm not trying to provoke anyone. I don't care what you think about my services, but we will launch only when we are given the green light and not a moment before. You can love it or you can hate it.

I don't care what you think about Reliance, either - you can love or hate that as you wish. I'm just saying that anyone thinking of 1-2mbit/s as "true broadband" is... not naive exactly, but well... something. Sad, perhaps.

IMO, 10mbit/s is where true broadband starts. 5mbit/s feels slow to me. I'm not privileged exactly, but 5mbit/s is pushing it in to the lower limits of usefulness, as far as I'm concerned. I have better things to do than wait for stuff to download.

However you use the connection and no matter what the FUP is, so long as the plan you've chosen is right for your usage and any FUP is reasonable (as I believe ours to be), then if that matchup is made correctly, the user should be happy. You might be fine with 5mbit/s, but someone else might be happy only with 25mbit/s.

You seem to be happy with your 1mbit/s connection for a few hours a day because it's "free", and if that's what is important to you, then great - every individual is different. But there are numerous people for whom this would not be suitable, and for them my aim is to offer them something better. End of story.

You may take it, but you'll have to pay our prescribed rates (which I also believe to be fair) and abide by our terms of service, otherwise you may leave it and continue with Reliance. The choice is 100% yours.

But back on topic, this is a thread about BSNL, not Hayai or Reliance. My main criticism of BSNL is that while there has been a 75% reduction in tariffs (this is a good thing, obviously), they could still do much much more. They could totally sweeten the deal if they just did it without any rate-limiting so that their customers could begin to experience true broadband at whatever speed their line will handle, whether that is 1mbit/s or 20mbit/s - and in that case, at least some customers could begin to experience something that one might be able to properly call "true broadband".

@sach92
Take a deep breath and relax..
You are acting like a flamebaiting fanboy(and you dont even own the connection)

@mg
Personally the best broadband connection would be one where the speeds are approx. the same as my internal HDD speeds. Is that likely to be true in any country, in the future?(assuming no major tech. breakthroughs)

That depends on the speed of your internal HDD 😀

My latest HDD operates at 3Gbit/s, and the ones before that did 1.5Gbit/s. No consumer network cards do that speed, so it's probably out of the question.

We can operate our network at 10gbit/s (and some large businesses and schools will be able to avail such plans from us), but as a consumer you'll never get it because of the limitations of current consumer hardware. Even on my tests for Hayai NZ I'm getting a "measly" 850mbit/s or so, but that's probably my network card.

Are you paying for the reliance service ?? if not then u cannot just go on ranting about it in every thread. I don't mean to be rude but it can get pretty ANNOYING most of the times.

It's my understanding based on other threads where he has talked about this that he's "borrowing" from someone's open WiFi. I'm sure if the connection was from Tata he'd praise them instead.

U taking me in the wrong way, mg u failed to understand inspite of me drilling your head 100's of time that on the basis of complaints here on the forum on mostly other company's like BSNL, MTNL, TATA, AIRTEL etc, that they are not good.

I see your IBF Reliance thread and raise you consumercomplaints.in.

Have u seen any complaints regarding RELIANCE in this forum, even if it was it would be the CC, but mostly no one's complaining about RIL because maybe they r happy with it.

By RIL I assume you really mean RCOM.

RIL hasn't launched it's service as yet. Remember, there are 2 Ambani brothers, 2 separate parts of the Reliance empire, RCOM and RINFO are not working together, hold separate licenses for separate activities with different technologies. Pays not to get these things confused, BRO.

Even if i got wifi from TATA i would never had praised them until & unless their services would have been good.

Sure, ok.

here is one assumption. when you are on reliance, your expectations are already so low that you hardly feel the pain from small insanities. with airtel, you expect a perfect service. 😀 and thus you end up complaining more. 😉