BSNL cuts broadband fee by up to 75%

• Thread starter Thread starter Raditz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 17,063
But people need that to be in disciplined manner.
I know some disadvantage of singapore because of strict laws which take freedom from common man. Even though indians do not stop going there. That is the true.

If you go as a tourist, you just enjoy the good parts, and come back home to comfortable India.

My personal views on different countries, esp. wrt their internet policies:
UAE: decent net connections, yet censored. Life seems to be censored there
US/UK: High speed net connections, piracy may bankrupt you
India: low speed net connections, noone cares what you do. If you have the money, you can create your own bubble to live in, and still save more that you would if you were in UAE/US/UK
Ofcourse, the fact that SC/ST/OBC/Women/Senior citizens get everything without any effort is irritating, but if you eliminate that, and corruption then India would be the ideal place for many people, in comparison to the western world.

If you go as a tourist, you just enjoy the good parts, and come back home to comfortable India.

My personal views on different countries, esp. wrt their internet policies:
UAE: decent net connections, yet censored. Life seems to be censored there
US/UK: High speed net connections, piracy may bankrupt you
India: low speed net connections, noone cares what you do. If you have the money, you can create your own bubble to live in, and still save more that you would if you were in UAE/US/UK
Ofcourse, the fact that SC/ST/OBC/Women/Senior citizens get everything without any effort is irritationg, but if you eliminate that, and corruption then India would be the ideal place for many people, in comparison to the western world.

We are living with slow speed. That is why we are not listed in high usage countries. Just think if we have strict law and regulation in internet, we may be aware about internet technology. We do not have numbers of web hosting companies. We do not have experienced and educated IT professional at here(india). That is another thing, indian are rapidly ahead in IT field in other countries. Often, our government websites and private servers are hacked by other countries hacker like cyber wars.

This middle east countries are the worst countries around the globe. Everything is censored, no respect for human rights/women, no tolerance towards other religions....only and economy made up of oil.U can't even vote out there,no democracy only a blunt monarchy.....

We are living with slow speed. That is why we are not listed in high usage countries. Just think if we have strict law and regulation in internet, we may be aware about internet technology. We do not have numbers of web hosting companies. We do not have experienced and educated IT professional at here(india). That is another thing, indian are rapidly ahead in IT field in other countries. Often, our government websites and private servers are hacked by other countries hacker like cyber wars.
And, with the strict law and regulation, you would have censoring as well. for a few years they banned AXN, TV shows on Star World and Movies on TV's are censored anyways. Same applies for movies in theaters.
Fortunately they have not yet succeded in censoring the net.
And, you are wrong,the IT minds are in India. They just dont want to work with the govt. rather they will work with pvt. companies as they do not agree with govt. policies

This middle east countries are the worst countries around the globe. Everything is censored, no respect for human rights/women, no tolerance towards other religions....
only and economy made up of oil.
U can't even vote out there,no democracy only a blunt monarchy.....
I agree with you. All countries are not special except United Emirates. Nothing is special about them except their tradition values.

And, with the strict law and regulation, you would have censoring as well. for a few years they banned AXN, TV shows on Star World and Movies on TV's are censored anyways. Same applies for movies in theaters.
Fortunately they have not yet succeded in censoring the net.
And, you are wrong,the IT minds are in India. They just dont want to work with the govt. rather they will work with pvt. companies as they do not agree with govt. policies

I agree too.....
This countries don't even have the guts to accept a natural thing and basic human traits like sex.
I know many may be pointing fingers to India as well but i think we have maid enormous strides in this. We are much more free now then 10yrs ago.

I remember once a song of Karishma kappor was banned/censored way back in 90's for the word 'sexy' and look now.....kanta laga😛😛😛

Unfortunately it's even worse than that. Using AT&T and Comcast as a general guide (not because they're good or best value, but because they're widespread), last time I checked I think I found that you'd be more likely to receive 3-6mbit/s for that price. 10mbit/s is a pipe-dream even for much of the US.

But verizon is providing better speeds through fios.

I was curious to browse this thread to know if BSNL has launched any new plans.... but ended up reading Mumbai Zoo is the 3rd worst zoo worldwide and what made Singapore to ban chewing bubble gum. LOL ........ ROFL.....Any new plans from BSNL????

I was curious to browse this thread to know if BSNL has launched any new plans.... but ended up reading Mumbai Zoo is the 3rd worst zoo worldwide and what made Singapore to ban chewing bubble gum.

LOL ........ ROFL.....

Any new plans from BSNL????

You could blame/credit sach92 for the change of topic..

The new BSNL plans have been updated on the site..
Go through the 1st 2 pages of the thread. Those were ontopic

this thread looks like a blog of mgcarley with everybody addressing him.

I resent that!

But verizon is providing better speeds through fios.

Yes, they are, but as I mentioned in the post, it's not very widespread. The number of users Verizon's FiOS service touches is a drop in the ocean of the total Broadband buying population. A bit like BSNL's FTTH service at the moment.

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Also, the Indian government requires ISPs to censor the Internet like mad. So does the UAE's. So does Singapore's. Australia. Sweden. Et al ad infinitum - they're all as bad as each other that way. I don't think there are really very many excuses for the state of Broadband in India at the moment, short of bad thinking and greed from a variety of entities.

me too

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

BSNL only reduced charges on usage , and increase call Unit on plan starting from Rs600

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

No increase in speed( it being 4 years since 2mbps ) . well call unit increased to 500 from 250 earlier in Combo600(2mbps, 2.5Gb limit , night unlimited , i hv this plan)

I agree too.....
This countries don't even have the guts to accept a natural thing and basic human traits like sex.
I know many may be pointing fingers to India as well but i think we have maid enormous strides in this. We are much more free now then 10yrs ago.

I remember once a song of Karishma kappor was banned/censored way back in 90's for the word 'sexy' and look now.....kanta laga😛😛😛

Ha hahaha, during 70s everything was open in Arab, sexy films were shown in big theaters always, they changed during 80s onward.........:hysterical: