BSNL cuts broadband fee by up to 75%

• Thread starter Thread starter Raditz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 17,055
It was some offer $22 For 10mbps for 6months.Well lets say $35-40 for 10mbps is a common Scenario In USA.

Hey mg is this speed good in 1 mbps connection??
Are u guyz getting this much in your 1 mbps connection.

I post to u my new speeds here on RELIANCE BB wired connection 1mbps day/ 2 mbps night.
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6007/speedyreliance.png

For torrents i get 105-120kb/s on 1mbps. Depends on the Seeds and availability. Good Speeds only!

Its sad that i dont get what i pay for.I have decreased my usage to 35Gb Per Month.. But im looking out for some real speeds more than 50mbit/s. I have 1mbps Speeds for 850 till 40GB and 512kbps later. In 900, Hayai might give me 36 GB of data up to 100mbit/s speeds! 🙂

my brother in singapore just bought a internet connection.
6mbps pure unlimited for 36s$ = 1200Rs approx

i think we are cursed

Singapore has many advantages, including a very small coverage area, what used to be an LLU copper network has turned in to an open fiber-optic network that covers the whole island and the fact that it's a hub for much of South-East Asia's Internet traffic (even from Australia and NZ).

It was some offer $22 For 10mbps for 6months.
Well lets say $35-40 for 10mbps is a common Scenario In USA.

Unfortunately it's even worse than that. Using AT&T and Comcast as a general guide (not because they're good or best value, but because they're widespread), last time I checked I think I found that you'd be more likely to receive 3-6mbit/s for that price. 10mbit/s is a pipe-dream even for much of the US.

Hey mg is this speed good in 1 mbps connection??
Are u guyz getting this much in your 1 mbps connection.

I post to u my new speeds here on RELIANCE BB wired connection 1mbps day/ 2 mbps night.
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6007/speedyreliance.png

For torrents i get 105-120kb/s on 1mbps. Depends on the Seeds and availability. Good Speeds only!

YES u wer right the speed goes upto 120 kb/sec and more, so that means RELIANCE is worth our money than anything.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6007/speedyreliance.png

I think these are the speeds you can rightly expect from a 1mbit/s connection.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Its sad that i dont get what i pay for.I have decreased my usage to 35Gb Per Month.. But im looking out for some real speeds more than 50mbit/s.
I have 1mbps Speeds for 850 till 40GB and 512kbps later.
In 900, Hayai might give me 36 GB of data up to 100mbit/s speeds! 🙂

We look forward to having you on as a customer when we are able to eventually provide the services.

Dont think the page is updated with plans from todays news.

I wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't. The plans that have changed are ALL limited, except for the UL850 plan, which operates at 1mbit/s with a huge, fantastic, excellent value for money fair usage policy of 8GB before the speed goes back to 256k.

Oh wait, I didn't mean huge, fantastic or excellent value for money, did I? I meant the opposite of those things 😀

Heard there was a Warthquake in Nz? I dont remember the place it was not Hamilton.

Earthquake in Christchurch

Yes, it's about 1000km south of me - on the South Island (I'm in the North Island). I may go there tomorrow to participate in cleanups, rescue efforts and/or restoration and planning of infrastructure, subject to my being called - you know, civil duty and all that.

THANX mg now u believe in me right.

I hope we get more than this in HAYAI, both DOWNLOADS and UPLOADS.

The speed which i have recorded is basis where the port is blocked, then also good speeds by reliance.
IF ports are opened imagine how much the download speed would be, maybe around 150 -160 kb/sec.

I never said I didn't believe you.

If the ports were opened and your internet connection speed is 1mbit/s, then you'll get 1mbit/s - not more than the prescribed line speed, that would be silly. Besides, if it was only ports preventing you from getting good speeds, why would you stop at 150kbyte/s? Why couldn't you get 1500kbyte/s? Reliance's metro network does support that - but that's not how it works.

My ADSL connection is actually ~16mbit/s, but I can still get 1mbit/s without difficulty if my ports are closed.

Just out of curiosity, arent many sites like orkut,news,torrent,XXX sites blocked in UAE??I would say thats even worse that FUP..

my brother in singapore just bought a internet connection.
6mbps pure unlimited for 36s$ = 1200Rs approx

i think we are cursed
Singapore has no state, city or any area. Only one name Singapore like one man show. singapore has area of 693 sq km which is the smallest country of asia even though its less sized area, it is developed like dream land and land of opportunity. It is populated 36% by foreigners due to its growth. It has high speed internet, developed real estate markets, good educations, latest technology, and also good tourist place in the asia.

Singapore is growing rapidly which makes us shamed.
So, do not compare us with them. There is a big difference.
Here is an example:
Indian one of zoo is listed under this category (The World's Top 10 Worst Zoo's | Curious? Read) on the 3rd number.
Whereas
singapore zoo is listed under largest zoo in asia category. (Singapore Zoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I have visited singapore. That is why I realized a difference. Ask your brother will give you better idea about growth.

Singapore has its own set of problems:Would you want to be in a place where you could be fined $200 for just crossing the road at the wrong place, or having bubble gum in public..?

Singapore has its own set of problems:
Would you want to be in a place where you could be fined $200 for just crossing the road at the wrong place, or having bubble gum in public..?

But people need that to be in disciplined manner.
I know some disadvantage of singapore because of strict laws which take freedom from common man. Even though indians do not stop going there. That is the true.

Here is a bubble gum story if you want to know. Why did they ban chewing gum? It is very interesting story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewing_gum_ban_in_Singapore
They do not restrict chewing it in public but they ban permanently from selling and smuggling
After reading it, please give me opinion. Did they do right to restrict some nuisance from society?/