BSNL circular: Introduction of CDR

• Thread starter Thread starter sachins
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 29,031
Mobile companies use CDR based billing. Basically it will be per second billing or so they say. Here is an example of a hutch mobile bill.

Please make someone reply about thing in simple languageadvantages/disadvantages donot post links.....

Please make someone reply about thing in simple language
advantages/disadvantages
donot post links.....

What is your question?

He wants to know if the CDR makes any difference to anybody. I think I read some time back that some operators are planning to come out with a Call Detail Record which would keep track of customer calls or something like that. They already do that today, but don't archive the information, my guess would be they are planning to.

He wants to know if the CDR makes any difference to anybody. I think I read some time back that some operators are planning to come out with a Call Detail Record which would keep track of customer calls or something like that. They already do that today, but don't archive the information, my guess would be they are planning to.

Hi, this is a technical matter and I thought the link I provided explains it better than a layperson can do.

Anyway, things will become clearer to BSNL landline users this month, I hope.

It may be that there is no need to get a new ECS done after the new billing system is ready. BSNL staff in Vasai West are assuring the same. It also seems that the new customer number is available even though the bills are not. This number is essential for logging onto the new portal.

Well, the new bills are done but who knows when we'll get them. The area I stay in (in Vasai W) is having postal problems. So I went to the office and got my Customer ID (seven digits) and should now be able to register at the new portal. The funny thing is that when I use Reliance Netconnect to log on to http://www.maharashtra.bsnl.co.in/ssa/kalyan, the site doesn't open. So I'll wait for the power cut to finish aand then try from my PC which has the BSNL connection.

Damn!!! Getting an incorrect user id!

The lady gave me a seven digit number. I looked at their sample bill, and it is 10 digits starting with 1, a few zeros and then a few actual figures.

Wait till you receive the bill. Bsnl has a natural habit of screwing things up. The bill is pending for a month so they have already screwed up wrt billing. I do not know if bsnl portal is the problem. The customer id or a/c no as it is mentioned in the bill is a 10 digit code. The circular said that this number will be set as the customer id. Here is what it says in the circular...
7. Your existing Consumer No. will be changed as Customer ID. In addition to that Billing Account No. will be allotted to you to maintain your Billing/Payment/Commercial transactions.
This is what it says on THIS website.
Your existing consumer number will be made your customer ID. In addition to this, a billing account number will be allotted to such customers to maintain their billing/ payment/ commercial transactions.
So there's no ambiguity. It means what it says.

Wait till you receive the bill. ...
So there's no ambiguity. It means what it says.

Waiting for the bill is not an option for many in Vasai specifically because the bill rots in the Post Office.

While "So there's no ambiguity. It means what it says." is not the issue. What is happening to us is: I specifically asked about this unambiguous matter and was given a seven-digit account number for two landlines. Someone else got a 10-digit number. Even the 10-digit number doesn't work on the new portal: the response is "Please enter a valid customer Id" for all the numbers I tried.

I really prefer to get this sorted out now because I will be busy in a few days.

I got a duplicate bill and paid cash. I confronted Ms. Clueless about the 7-digit numbers that didn't work so she gave another 10-digit number that also don't work :hysterical:

Then I looked at the duplicate bill and saw two 10-digit numbers:
Customer Account & Billing Account ID. The latter gives me the error. The former seems to be the real thing in the sense that I could proceed to fill up the form. Now, BSNL is supposed to send me a password. Five hours have passed but no luck :wall:

As a side issue, people here have taken for granted that the bill will not be delivered by post 😗 and are already getting duplicate bills and paying them even though the due date is 26/3 for the bill covering 1/1/10 to 1/2/10.

I contacted customer services and got the customer ID

So did I. But the site is not allowing online payment currently. Just to be on the safe side, I've cleared my dues with cash this time.

I too tried to register with the new number. The page said that they will send the password to the email ID specified by me. A week has passed already, but still no mail from their side....😕

I checked the site today but it appears that it still isn't set up for online payment.Incidentally, Internet Explorer 8 gave an error message whereas FF opened the site. Anyone else tried IE8 for this portal?