BSNL CHEATING Customers With NEW GPRS uNLIMITED Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter Pipiru
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 19,014

Pipiru

ISP
Reliance
Dear friends, I recently recharged with the new BSNL GPRS unlimitedplan Rs 274 hoping to get unlimited use without any deductionfrom main balance. To my surprise, it instead started charging for bothbrowsing and downloading untill all my Rs 274 is finish.Later on it even started deducting money from my main balance. All in all, I have lost around Rs 300.Now isn't this cheating sincethe 274 plan was actually for unlimited GPRS and they are insteaddeducting money. All this I write with the hope that all of you may not fallinto the same trap and then waste Rs 274 of your hard earned money.

I have same prob with 108 recharge

Hello harpinder, I can see that you are also facing same problem like me with this BSNL gprs. I am taking help of BSNL Customer care to solve this problem.Can you be so kind to tell if you have been using any GPRS STV(like Rs 230 unlimited gprs) before you recharge with this 108 plan. I need this information in order to help solve the problem.Right now all I know from Customer Care is that the 108 and 274 gprs recharge vouchers are behaving like "topups". Your urgent reply may help solve the problem. BTW, is there anyone here who have successfully recharge with the 274 or 108 recharge voucher and not get any amount deducted while browsing.

Hello harpinder,
I can see that you are also facing same problem like me with this BSNL gprs. I am taking help of BSNL Customer care to solve this problem.Can you be so kind to tell if you have been using any GPRS STV(like Rs 230 unlimited gprs) before you recharge with this 108 plan. I need this information in order to help solve the problem.Right now all I know from Customer Care is that the 108 and 274 gprs recharge vouchers are behaving like "topups". Your urgent reply may help solve the problem.
BTW, is there anyone here who have successfully recharge with the 274 or 108 recharge voucher and not get any amount deducted while browsing.

in my case the 108 stv does not behave as a topup.it was accepted by the server as it give 0 balance to me.but when i use bsnlnet to surf they are charging me 3p/10kb.i got nothing from my 108 recharge i.e no balance no data limt.i was using unlimited plan before this but not for the past month.i have recharged it on 29th jan.no support from bsnl.
my number is 919417944526 please help if you can solve my problem
thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.Just one last question.Since you said that you didn't use unlimited plan for the past month, so I can ASSUME THAT THERE WAS NO PREVIOUS UNLIMITED PLANS RUNNING at the time you recharge with 108(i.e. on 29th Jan). BTW, you are lucky since it deducts only 3p/10kb.In my case it deducts 5p/10kb which means I'm still stuck in the old scheme.

yes there was no plan running when i recharged

From your replies I now understand that everything is because of "server problem of BSNL".Maybe if other people are facingproblem and complaining then BSNL will do something about it.Though I am very much surprise that nobody is complaining. And here's why I said it is more of a topup than a recharge voucher.When I called customer care people, they lookinto my account and there was "no mention" of any GPRS unlimited plan in my account.So what is really happeningis that those GPRS vouchers were not really behaving like a recharge voucher, because if we recharge with rechargevoucher it will show the validity period of the voucher in my/your account.You can call customer careto look into your account to confirm this. Anyway this whole problem arose because BSNL wanted to copy Tata Docomo's new GPRS plans.I wish BSNL would bring back the 230 STV.It was a great plan for unlimited use plus we can make use of 3G signal for higher speed.Right now I can only "WAIT and Watch". Maybe if one or two people can report that these vouchers are working fine for them, then we can have some hopethat it will work for us later on.

UPDATE:Today morning I open some webpages to see if I am still charge for browsing.To my surprise I didn't get any popup message telling me how much paisa i've been charge.But when I check my balance from main account, it was still being deducted.So it seems BSNL is trying to solve the problem by blocking/hiding the popup message which shows how much we are being charge for each browsing session.A sure ridiculous solution.

Hai friends, Pls note that u r using state owned Telecom service BSNL. It is a usual procedure in BSNL that Top Management decisions and new services may appear in their News archives or main site but won't come applicable in most circles. U pls call CC b4 trying such new services or plans. If the CC guy is unawre of it, it means that the plan/service is still not active in your circle. If anyone lost their money make a written complaint to BSNL general manager in your nearest locality(Don't go for CC there). I am sure,u will b refunded. And remember-this is not any privarte providers who still not having any proper complaint registration system even,and make desicions from any rented rooms locally and applying it on the spot. BSNL HAS IT'S OWN PROCEDURE & IT IS FOR GOOD...........

Any information about new gprs plansAre they working now or not.Please reply if any one is using new limited plan from bsnl

Here's some information.The 274 is working well in Rajasthan.In my place other users are also facing problems with 54 and 274.So most probably problem with BSNL server. For your circle you can enquire from friends or family members who are having prepaid connection if any of the plans are working for them or not.And hence determine if the problem is with your account or the server.