BSNL can't stream live video

ISP
BSNL
I use BSNL broadband ULD 650 plan which has 2Mbps speed till 15GB and 1Mbps there after.(This month it is flat 2Mbps under promotional offer).
From last week I am facing a new issue. I cant stream live videos from video streaming apps such as Hotstar and JIO TV. Hoststar always buffering videos and it never worked in my BSNL connection where as JIO TV works correctly some times and some times it doesn't .(especially at night ). Videos buffer even with the lowest resolution settings. Other streaming apps like Youtube works perfectly. When I test the connection speed using ookla speedtest.net it shows a 1.8 MBps with 80ms ping but on fast.com and netvoelocity(reliance speed test app) it shows around 1 mbps with around 300ms ping.

Does any one in the forum know what exactly is the issue here? Do I need to setup any thing in the router for streaming services?
Note: I use Google public DNS.
No issues with the line. My line stats are very good (SNR->38, attenuation->35, Line rate->2048)

Thanks in advance.

check with your neighbours using bsnl, if they are facing same problem. Try with BSNL dns to see if it is working

Thanks for the reply.
My neighbours do not use bsnl so cannot check with them. I have a JIO sim and I didnt face any issues from these apps(Hotstar and JIO TV) when I use them through JIO internet. Unfortunately cannot use JIO all time as JIO network is poor in my area and I have to go upstairs and stand in a open space to catch good signals.
Also tried with BSNL dns but no luck.😛ensive:
It is so sad that despite of having a good speed for streaming and paying for JIO serivices I still cannot watch live cricket and other sports actions on JIO TV and hotstar...🙁
I dont know whom to blame for this issue..

well Your connection is working fine.If its a relatively new issue ,i suggest you wait a few days to see if it goes away.,
As far is Hotstar is concerned,it does stream a bit slower than other sites in my experience.
If the issue still persistes,i would suggest to check your router,get some relatives router and check with it,sometimes streaming issues can be a direct result of a bad router in my experience.

I also have the same issue. Having 675/- combo plan which give 4 Mbps upto 10 GB and 2 Mbps thereafter. As of now it's 4Mbps flat because of promotional offer. Youtube works fine in 720p but Hotstar app sucks even at 360p don't know why. Though it works perfectly ok on laptop.

Yes. There must be some technical issue like packet loss ( line quality is good though) or high ping. I tried different dns settings still no luck. Hotstar works perfectly on laptop but I can't watch live action on laptop since live tv is available only in Hotstar app through jio tv subscription. Does anyone know the IP of the server that Hotstar app uses so that I can check the ping and trace the routes?

In the odd case it could be the port at tthe exchange too.It happened to me and i was confused to hell and so were folks at BSNL ,but then again they are confused at everything.
But my internets performance seemed much worse as the connections kept being unstable and high packet loss ,corrupt downloads,nothing other than youtube worked right
Speedtest results showed low speed too.
So thats why i feel its probably some thing at your end as your speedtest results are fine.,so before going to exchange with this you should make sure its not something at your end.Test a different outer,just to be sure.
btw
Check the packet drops in router stats too,might find something there.