bsnl broadband: Zte Zxdsl 831aii Modem Configuration

• Thread starter Thread starter onlytest
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 125,502
Delete your dialler and create a new one. Try connecting again.

and how am i supposed to do that?

and how am i supposed to do that?

Query : How to create a new Dialer for BB connection >
start aLL PROGRAMS Accessories
Communicaions.
Network connection Wizard.
Select my broadband connection
needs aUserId and password etc.

a new dialer ( will appear
in
Start /network/ Show all connections.

Did you modify WAN page settings in the modem ?

REF:
Procedure for Broadband Installation
CONFIGURATION

try Mod mode Gdmt . Probably now ADSL2 + is selected. post link for screen shot of adsl status showing snr/attn line rate rate and mod mode selected.

the line gets dropped is their any specific setting by which it doesnt gets...... pls help

Hi FRNDS i want to use my modem Zte Zxdsl 831aii as router or multi user"i use ur settings it works but when modem restart it not work, every day i have to REPEAT UR setting on it, THEN IT WORK".Is there any permanent solution for that plz help me,i want to use INTERNET ON 20 computerS with the help of switch.

Hi,I used the above steps and setup the modem with pppoe mode , but the issue is only gmail and orkut is opening, I can not open any other side when I am using pppoe mode except gmail and orkut. When I am using in bridge mode I can browse all. Please help me why my ZTE modem/connection is not allowing me to open any other page except gmail and orkut when I setup the modem in pppoe mode.Please help this out.

Hi,
I used the above steps and setup the modem with pppoe mode , but the issue is only gmail and orkut is opening, I can not open any other side when I am using pppoe mode except gmail and orkut.

When I am using in bridge mode I can browse all. Please help me why my ZTE modem/connection is not allowing me to open any other page except gmail and orkut when I setup the modem in pppoe mode.

Please help this out.

Copy/PASTE ipconfig /all
Change DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Also need screen shot of connection status. in PPPoE mode.
see this link and confirm menu pages are same.
foribb: CONFIGURING ZTE ZXDSL 831AII IN PPPOE MODE

I tried the above steps to setup in ppp/pppoe is same way and also change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 to 8.8.4.4 , but still no luck....please find bewlo the ip detailsWindows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : home-7ac03d7d77 Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : NoEthernet adapter Local Area Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8168D(P)/8111D(P) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-27-0E-05-A3-9A Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4Statistics -- WANService VPI/VCI Protocol Interface Received Transmitted Bytes Pkts Errs Drops Bytes Pkts Errs Drops pppoe_0_0_35_1 0/0/35 PPPoE ppp_0_0_35_1 37120258 78248 0 0 28548477 74206 0 5

hi all i have also ZTE adsl modem provided by bsnl i wants to know that for set up a web server if i have to change some setting in ZTE modem because i am currently no able to access my ip from other computer

i follow all given steps in #1 post for "always on" my internet via ethernet. and i successfully fill all the entries. but then i am unable to access internet. i restart my zte modem and again try but nothing happen.in this case what steps required to access internet. either i have to make a new connection in windows connection wizard or stright away open a browser. internet bulb of zte modem is on , it meas internet is working very fine . what to do please help.

can this modem be configured & used for airtel broadband, if yes then what are the settings.i got this modem from a bsnl user & so it has already been configured for bsnl, so how to restore the factory settings & then configure for airtel.ps: i already have screwed up the settings trying to configure for airtel.

There is no need to reset to factory settings. Change th VPI/VCI values to 0_32 (not quite sure, check with Airtel CC) instead of current 0_35. Then simply change the ID and password. Your modem is ready for use.

There is no need to reset to factory settings. Change th VPI/VCI values to 0_32 (not quite sure, check with Airtel CC) instead of current 0_35. Then simply change the ID and password. Your modem is ready for use.

RESET the modem to factory settings.
Use dialer to connect . enter userid PW in computer dialer window
if connected Ok. if not
access 192.168.1.1 admin admin
Select 1_32 line
enter vpivci 1 and 32 ( Not 0 and 32 )
Select" Bridged "
Save reboot try as above.
feedback.
Check my wa 3002_g4 quick reference. "sticky" thread here.
select MP bsnl website. settings for 831A11 available.