bsnl broadband: Zte Zxdsl 831aii Modem Configuration

• Thread starter Thread starter onlytest
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 125,500
@essbebe

Query: ZTE ZXDSL MODEM is NOT READY to connect.... PLZ HELP!!

last week i got BSNL BROADBAND conn home500 plan.... it worked well for 2 days... i used to disable the network connection when not in use and enable it when i wanted it again... but since 5 days the modem is NOT CONNECTING TO THE NET... (I M A VISTA USER)...my id and password are correct... PLZ HELP.. I m posting some screenshots so tht u get the idea...

http://s2.supload.com/free/Untitled-1-20080319134515.jpg/view/

@jal_desaiWelcome to Broadbandforum.inEnter id without @ bsnl.in the log in pageOR2Please see Post 26 & 27 ( by @onlytest)for settings again.Try "Always On " mode. Enter id without @ bsnl.in the modem WAN page. Feedback please.Not having VISTA. using. XPPRO SP2 .Is there an enable /disable option in the Network/LAN properties page ?

@jal_desai

see these images, what i found, if there is no upstream/downstream, then during conection attempts, this message comes.

then show this

now this

and this

check this image, these settings should be checked

GO TO "CONFIGURATION", CLICK ON "ADSL" CHECK UPSTREAM, CHECK DOWNSTREAM AND CHECK ENABLE/DISABLE DOWNSTREAM. MAKE SURE ALL ARE TICKED AND THEN APPLY.

ALSO MAKE SURE MODEM DSL'S YELLOW L.E.D. IS CONSTANTLY GLOWING (NO BLINKING/OFF)

I configured my zxdsl 831aii modem as for PPPOE always on mode. But whenver I switch off the modem and switch it on again, the username password changes to multiplay. 😢If i change my password then, i am able to connect.. But next time again username changes🙁

Welcome to Broadbandforum.inmembers/praveenc/
Very detailed instructions givenby @onlytest in this thread. with screenshots.

See Post No 1 in this thread.
see post 33 above by @onlytest.
check this image, these settings should be checked

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1642466_5.JPG

GO TO \"CONFIGURATION\", CLICK ON \"ADSL\" CHECK UPSTREAM, CHECK DOWNSTREAM AND CHECK ENABLE/DISABLE DOWNSTREAM. MAKE SURE ALL ARE TICKED AND THEN APPLY.

ALSO MAKE SURE MODEM DSL'S YELLOW L.E.D. IS CONSTANTLY GLOWING (NO BLINKING/OFF) Last edited by onlytest; March 20th, 2008 at 02:41 PM.

Ya.. i went thru all the posts in this forum [🙂].. i don think the username is getting reset everytime.. sometimes it gets reset nd sometimes not [🙁]

members/praveenc/If you post the screenshot of the WAN page where you enter your UserID etc, may be @onlytest ( expert for this modem/router) can find something.Usually for BSNL we do not enter abcd @bsnl. in but just abcd. ( without @bsnl.in )

I hav also entered abcd only nnot abcd@bsnl.in..
I dont have snapshots rite now.. Will be able to post it only this weekend mostly.

hi guysthanks for ur useful steps on config of ZXDSL 831AII modem.am also using bsnl modem only.I am using pppoe type "always on" setup. The problem is that as soon as i turn off the modem, and start it again both the username and password are reset to the default setting. Is there a cure for this or there is some problem with my modem. Please do reply.

hey guys,today i got a ZTE ZXDSL 831AII modem but i think something is wrong with it's driver. i use vista x64 and in it's user's manual notes there is nothing for vista . when i plug the LAN cable in, nothing apears to install the driver. or when i try to connect to the ip (192. ... ) it doesn't work. it asks me to connect to internet or work offline. please let me know what is wrong there. thanks.

member/khashayar/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co.
I used to get translated versions( by Google) of this
router from Russian web sites!
Most of the screenshots posted by @onlytest no longer available.
Para two;wait please

Update:see this and check your settings.
http://foribb.blogspot.com/2008/05/configuring-zte-zxdsl-831aii-in-pppoe.html.
For Vista: only if you use USB port drivers are required.Better not to use USB port.
For LANPORT Rj45 to Ethernet port of computer, check your ethernet card
in your computer, and try to update its driver's for VISTA.
( If realtek, drivers may be available at company's website)
Please give feedback, if still unable to connect.
Start/RUN type CMD typei ipconfig/all post details here.
( May be different for VISTA. I am using Xp Pro Sp2 )

i have a problem with this modem. zte axdsl 831 aII.when i set a network connection with my windows vista x64 bit it doesn't work. i want somebody to help me please. if any further information is needed ask me. i need your solution. thanks.

Actually, my internet connection works properly on pppoe mode but wenever i try to use bridge mode it returns the error 678.wat shall i do?any help will be highly appreciated.