bsnl broadband: Zte Zxdsl 831aii Modem Configuration

• Thread starter Thread starter onlytest
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 125,511
Thanks for the great tutorial.. I do hope that this will work with the new Siemens C2110 modem *hugs* :yahoo:

@onlytest. Can you post screenshot of device details of ZTZXDSL831Aii please .
Just to compare with c2110, which appears same.

I don't have either modem !
Thanks.

Hi,

The screen shots shown by onlytest is exactly what my ZTE ZXDSL 831 AII also shows. But my question is about setting NAT rules/Virtual Server/IP Filter etc. for port forwarding HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Telnet etc. requests by users in the WAN side. I do not find any advanced WAN configuration setup options for these functions as was available in BSNL's earlier routers - Huawei SmartAX MT880 and UTStarcom WA3002-G1.
Any clues?

Thanks in advance

Sabu

@only test. Thank you. appears the CHIPSET is same E37.7.7.37 for both this model ZTE and Siemens c 2110.
In Siemens Firmware version is v55.1.03.06.
Usually cosmetic changes , likely to show the company's name/country id. .
Para two : @sabu28.
To try firmware of 831 see this and try at the web site. READ THE WARNINGS !
Still hunting fw for 831AII model .!

Yes Essbebe, the modem is already in PPPoE mode. I contacted ZTE, they say that the router function has be started as given in the User Manual for the NAT/Virtual Server configuration pages to be visible. But I have not received any User Manual with the modem.

@sabu28 Good you got a response from ZTE. "always on" was suggested in a Russian forum In the WAN page there is an a option about access concentrator ? what is it .? Without "logging " to IBF I could see all the modem pages.

hi,
i tried to configure zxdsl 831AII modem without help of bsnl persons.
they were too busy and were unable to solve my problem.....

finally i managed to connect internet in both (always on and dialup like bridge) mode in windows xp sp2

for always on method

go to \"network connection\" in control pannel, right click \"local area network\" click \"properties\", from list select \"internet protocol (tcp/ip)\", click \"properties\", in general tab click \"use the following ip address\" and enter as follows
ip: 192.168.1.2
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.1.1
dsn server: 192.168.1.1
then click ok, now open web browser and type address in address bar
http://192.168.1.1 and log in using usernaem: admin / password: admin

2. click \"configure\" in left side, click \"internet\" and now on internet connection configuration page click \"ADD\" if you already do not have pppoe_0_35 setting in modem,

3. if there is already a listing of pppoe_0_35 then click corrosponding EDIT butten or click ADD , then in \"configure atm pvc\" page select these
VPI 0
VCI 35
SERVICE CATAGORY UBR WITHOUT PCR

now click NEXT
select \"ppp over ethernet\" and Encapsulation Type: \"llc/snap\" and click NEXT

in next pages select settings as shown in images\"

now CLICK APPLY, and you are done.........

if anyone is intrested in bridgemode (dialup like setup) please reply......

thanks

i tried with method you showed above but couldn't complete it as the image's in the last three steps are broken.

please explain these steps

contactmanishgarg last 3 steps are1. on internet connection configuration pageUnder Configure WAN IP Settingsselect Obtain an IP address automatically,check Enable NATcheck Add Default Routerpress apply2. Next Page Configure Broadband User Name and Passwoedenter service name : anything u wantUser name : ID provided by BSNLPassword : Password corresponding to that IDselect Session established by Always Onpress Next3. finally Press apply and reboot your modem

the settings given on first page are wrongi've cahnged ma original settings wth this...............in order to get speed....btit doesnt get connected by the given settingsso i reset ma modem.........& thn gt connectedi didnt use the "obtain ip address automatically" optionafter tht i gt connected

yes roky, for u, these settings may be wrong!!!!!!!!!!but please clearly state where is the problem....