• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 125,495

onlytest

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Freedom 800 Combo
hi,
i tried to configure zxdsl 831AII modem without help of bsnl persons.
they were too busy and were unable to solve my problem.....

finally i managed to connect internet in both (always on and dialup like bridge) mode in windows xp sp2

for always on method
A.
1. go to "network connection" in control pannel, right click "local area network"
2. click "properties".

1. from list select "internet protocol (tcp/ip)",
2. click "properties".
3. in general tab click "use the following ip address" and enter as follows
ip: 192.168.1.2
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.1.1
4 dsn server: 192.168.1.1
5. CLICK OK

B.
Now open web browser and type address in address bar
http://192.168.1.1 and log in using
1. usernaem: admin / password: admin
2. click ok
3. click "configure" in left side,

[/URL]

and now on internet connection configuration page click "ADD" if you already do not have pppoe_0_35 setting in modem,
1. click "internet"
2. click add

IF U ALREADY HAVE pppoe_0_35 entry as shown here, do not click add, click edit (pencil)

if there is already a listing of pppoe_0_35 then click corrosponding EDIT butten or click ADD.

C
after clicking ADD/EDIT in "configure atm pvc" page select these
1. VPI 0
2. VCI 35
3. SERVICE CATAGORY UBR WITHOUT PCR
4. NEXT

D
in next page configuration connection type:
1. select "ppp over ethernet" and Encapsulation Type: "llc/snap"
2. click NEXT

E
in configur WAN IP Address settings page select
1. click obtain an IP address automatically
2. click Enable NAT
3. click Add default Route
4. click NEXT

F
configure Broadband username and password page
1. select service name (anything)
2. usernaem (username provided by bsnl without @bsnl.in, or @dataone.in etc
3. Password (provided by bsnl)
4. reenter password
5. select always on
6. click NEXT

F
in next Summary page
1. CLICK APPLY, and you are done.........

restart modem, to restart, click system, click reset and restart, click restart (without reset selection)

[

if anyone is intrested in bridgemode (dialup like setup) please reply......

thanks

this can seen here also

foribb: CONFIGURING ZTE ZXDSL 831AII IN PPPOE MODE

I just want to say that I am very jealous that BSNL is now giving some users modems like Zte Zxdsl 831, which seems to have modern firmware with better options.With my Home 500 connection, BSNL gave me a third hand used Huawei MT841, after keeping me waiting for one month.

continue from first post
F
u will get page like this
1. click connect
on next page with user / pass
2. click connect

u can see status after connection
1. click status
2. click internet connection

Thx .It's very useful!! Am also interested in bridge mode!!

dsn server: 192.168.1.1

i have a question :- can't we give the use any other third party servers instead of this server ??

select "ppp over ethernet"
Are you sure abt. this ??

Once again thx a lot for the help !!

for bridge mode:

Go up to step 2: "2. click "configure" in left side, click "internet" and now on internet connection configuration page click "ADD"

on next page "Configure ATM PVC" enter following
VPI: 0
VCI: 35
SERVICE CATAGORY: UBR WITHOUT PCR

then click "NEXT"

3. on next page "Configure Connection Type" select protocol and encapsulation as:-
Protocol : Bridging
Encapsulation type: LLC/SNAP, and then click "NEXT"

4. on next page you do not have to do anything just click "NEXT"

5. on summry page click "APPLY"

modem configuration is completed, for dialup like connection which you can dial from windows to connect internet go to "Control Pannel"--->> "Network Connection"
on left side click "create a new connection"

in "New connection wizard" click NEXT-->> select "connect to internet"--->>"NEXT" then select "Setup my collection manually"-->> "NEXT" select "Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password"-->>"NEXT" enter isp name what u like or leave blanck-->> "NEXT"

Phone no: enter 0 or leave blanck-->>"NEXT" enter username password or leave as it is if you do not want to store it, click "NEXT"-->>click "FINISH" and finish......

[/URL]

NOW RESTART YOUR MODEM

@sanoj

sir please check 54. Internet Protocol (cont'd), here your computer and modem is forming a "network" which is not a internet, a local area network,.........and if you check ZTE modems's configuration setting-->> "Local Network"

if you provide third party's server (which is a part of internet---not your own modem--computer's netowrk) it will not work

anyway you can leave first setting of Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) properties as
"Obtain a IP address automatically" no need to enter 192.168.1.2, 255.255.255.0, dns server and gateway's addresses because your modem already have a DHCP- "Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol" server enabled which automatially assign these setting to your computer.

please correct me if i am wrong......thanks

if you provide third party's server (which is a part of internet---not your own modem--computer's netowrk) it will not work

Sites like OpenDns allows you to change DNS on your router..i.e enable your routhers to use their DNS servers.https://www.opendns.com/start?device=router#step2 But the problem is i haven't been able to locate DNS server settings in the modem config. page!

Also ,if you want to switch from always on connection to dial up mode again then all you have to do is delete the ppoe_0_35 entry from the modem config. page right?

One final question ;- i get disconnected all the time. So if i set it to always on mode will that problem go away ??

Hi. Just today i got my id/pass for a new dataone connection with same ZTE modem.They have just given the modem to me and told that everything is ready. I just need to connect and it will work.But now when i have got id/pass, i make a new bb connection which needs to enter id/pass (bridge mode(though i m not sure what is bridge and what is pppoe?) )but when i try to connect i get error 718 ?Can it be due to fact that i have not configured my modem?Should i config the modem as explained very well by you ?Which type will be better 4 me - bridge(dial-up like) or always on ? I m on home 500 night unlim.Pls do help. I m eager to start my first bb experience. Till now i used only dialup & gprsThanks.

@island Welcome to BroadbandForum.inNow you are connected to internet and reading this post.Method 1 :Sign off/logout from this forum.Again open the same thread./webpage. ( Do not log in)You can see all the screen shots ! ( No need to click each link !)See Post NO.1. see the pictures. try to connect in "Always on Mode "PPP/PPPoE "Always on " your ID and password entered in the modem. "BridgeMode" you dial the BB connection with ID and Password. No telephone number.Report progress.

Thank you both.Right now i m online via my airtel gprs and not bsnl bb.I ll follow the above steps for connecting in bridge mode in afternoon after i take lunch and surely reply. Again thanks 4 helping.

For NU users, i think bridge mode is a good option, using bridge mode you can easily connect or disconnect from dataone, and for Unlimited plans Always on method is good, as whenever you switch on modem you get connected, (NEED NOT TO WORRY OF EXCESS DATA USE).

for Night unlimited users.....you can use (as a sugession) these programs and setting to download within 02:00 to 08:00 daily.

1. auto power-on & shutdown from hxxp://link-removed.com/files/81556762/scheduling_1.rar (cracked) and Auto PowerOn & ShutDown v2.05 - Wake up your computer automatically and Auto ShutDown - FREE DOWNLOAD Trial
2. cidial v 2.3 (freeware)
3. any good download manager like free download manager, internet download manager, or internet download accelerator.

first connect internet in day time, and note down the connect time, then disconnect and note down the time accurately with seconds,

in night check your data usage (for new users) at data.bsnl.in using portal id and login password and note down the difference between your login in morning to which is listed in website, same do with dissconect time between yours and bsnl's listed time. For my case the difference is 00:43 second

auto power on & shutdown: use this and configure it for different tasks
a) start your computer at 02:00 am from hibernate mode
b) at 02:02 select "RUN PROGRAM" to start download manager,
c) at 02:03am select RUN PROGRAM and choose cidial.exe, which will help you to stay connected in bridge mode
d) at 02:04am select your internet softwares like torrent client to run

e) at 07:55am select "close program" and select cidial.exe

you can select other program to close in between,

f) at 07:58am select Hibernate.

again as we know what is windows, any program can crash anytime suppose auto power-on & shutdown crashed at 07:50am then it will not hibernate your computer, and data download between 02:00 to 08:00 will be calculated for charging if ip is not disconnected before 08:01am

create a txt file and copy these command in it "shutdown -f -s -t 10" (without " ") save this txt file using name "shutdown.bat" ( WITH " ")

use windows task scheduler to shutdown your computer at 08:00am.

can be found here
foribb: scheduling download for Night Unlimited Time

After a few glitches i finally successfully set up bridge mode. A bridge connection already existed which just need to be edited, which i did with help of your instructions.Thank you all very much 4 detailed instructions.Special thanks 4 onlytest as i was about to ask the question on scheduling downloads.

hi,
i tried to configure zxdsl 831AII modem without help of bsnl persons.
they were too busy and were unable to solve my problem.....

finally i managed to connect internet in both (always on and dialup like bridge) mode in windows xp sp2

for always on method

go to \"network connection\" in control pannel, right click \"local area network\" click \"properties\", from list select \"internet protocol (tcp/ip)\", click \"properties\", in general tab click \"use the following ip address\" and enter as follows
ip: 192.168.1.2
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.1.1
dsn server: 192.168.1.1
then click ok, now open web browser and type address in address bar
http://192.168.1.1 and log in using usernaem: admin / password: admin

2. click \"configure\" in left side, click \"internet\" and now on internet connection configuration page click \"ADD\" if you already do not have pppoe_0_35 setting in modem,

3. if there is already a listing of pppoe_0_35 then click corrosponding EDIT butten or click ADD , then in \"configure atm pvc\" page select these
VPI 0
VCI 35
SERVICE CATAGORY UBR WITHOUT PCR

now click NEXT
select \"ppp over ethernet\" and Encapsulation Type: \"llc/snap\" and click NEXT

in next pages select settings as shown in images\"

now CLICK APPLY, and you are done.........

if anyone is intrested in bridgemode (dialup like setup) please reply......

thanks

hello,

i have taken a new connection....
i have done all this things..
but when i press apply i get an error..
error is "page cannot display"

please help me.......................

@niteshpatelCheck in the( modem ) Diagnostics page. What is the error you get ?Start run type cmd type ipconfig/all. give details here.

nitishpatel, try again and if you get same error, restart your modem, then try again, better use opera or firefox, not IE, my friend was facing same problem using IE.